Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HELP! I'm SOOOOO 'saladed out!'.... page 5

RedFalcon is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Patski...

Yea, about two weeks ago - my hubby told me I was super stinky during a point where I think I was not eating enough fiber.... I apparently was going into heavy ketosis... but didn't have to strips to check.

it feels like a bit of a balancing act right now... but you're right - I have not been journaling my food.. my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Have you tried it? I was one of the "Oh, no, we older women can't do all that fat. We are different" people. I used to go around posting to all the fat-pushers that their advice wouldn't work for me. Then I got to the point where I Just. Couldn't. Eat. One. More. Damn. Salad. I had nothing to lose. So I tried it.

I was SHOCKED! It actually worked. Not only did it not make me fat, it didn't make me overeat. It took away all my cravings, all my food obsessions. And it made me slim. Furthermore, it made me calm and fixed the anxiety and depression I've carried around all my life. I believe I can keep a job now.

When you get to the point you can't do it anymore and nothing is working, if you haven't tried eating real meat with the skin and/or fat still on and butter, cream, eggs, sardines and salmon, give it a shot. What would you have to lose by then?

"Older" - heck I'm pushing 60 (in a few months)... I don't WANT to feel old, which is one of main reasons I'm cleaning up my eating, exercise...etc!!

I needed some moral support, and THANK YOU!!!

Red

Ya'll are terrific - and it's been super wonderful to get this kind of support!!!
    I want to thank everyone - I just needed this kind of encouragement at this moment.
    Makes me want to go find some bacon!!! Hahahah...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Fiber is another one of those myths. It's not necessary. You'll get enough from whatever vegetables you eat. As for my list of foods to eat, be advised you still have to practice portion control. You don't need to stuff yourself. You might be used to stuffing yourself if you were a) a wheat addict (huge piles of pasta anybody??) or b) a veggie addict (family-sized salads??) Just eat sensible portions and see if that doesn't calm your hunger down enough that you can just simply get on with your life. Be prepared for a period of adjustment. You'll probably feel a little weak and tired for a while and you'll probably be missing all that fiber. If the fiber is an issue, just eat eat more veggies or try probiotics. A week of probiotic capsules helped get things back in order for me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I think that considering we've all survived (though many of us became ill or fat) the crap that has been sold as food for the last 30 years, we could survive on almost anything that was grown or bred in a wholesome manner.

If you ever have time or inclination, there are two videos at youtube that will turn you off to fast food forever:
    The Men Who Made Us Fat
    The Skinny on Obesity

Both are multi episodes. The first is more anecdotal, though factual and is a bit easier to watch. The second is a little dryer and you might have to get past the teenytiny bit of pomposity of the narrator.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345