Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HELP! I'm SOOOOO 'saladed out!'.... page 4

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Creamy avocado dressing will make almost anything taste good.

RedFalcon is offline Junior Member

I forgot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    ....... Eat as much meat and fat as you like and try to limit your fruit comsumption. This will help your hunger problem, and fat can not make you fat unless in the presence of carbohydrates. Hope this helps!
    OH My golly, that's so so true.

I keep forgetting about the role of fat, (suspect that's freudian - I'm a chronic "dieter" and have been on one sort or another for over 20 years, and I'm working so so hard to throw that all away)... !!!

Thank you thank you for reminding me!!

Red

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    MHO: Find your protein or fat. For me it's eggs. They are like some kind of magic protein. I'm famished. .... Is there another way you like veggies? Mashed? Slathered in butter? Grilled or roasted? That's fine. Grok started cooking for a reason. Some raw stuff tastes like crap.

Don't starve. Eat baby, eat. Plan ahead. Bring stuff to work. The SAD culture is built around shit-food. Don't buy in. Cold meat, canned fish, hb eggs, pickled veggies - easy to pack. Eat, don't starve.

Good luck.

I'll put away my pom poms now.
    But I LIKE the pom poms!!! Hahaha - THANK YOU so much - I actually DO need some RA RA in my life at this point!

It doesn't help much - but the weirdest part about this is that my co-workers joke about the fact that I'm unapproachable unless I have something to eat, so they're starting to bring me stuff... WHICH I have to constantly turn away mostly because it's cookies and stuff. And that DOESN'T help with my morale. I have had to be demanding, and ask them upright to stop that.

I'm going to change my byline on my chat window to "EAT Baby EAT.... EGGS!" THANK YOU!!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I put the oxtails in the crockpot overnight with salt and pepper and about half a cup of wine. Any liquid, even water, would be fine. I have no idea what the flabby skin-like thing was. I thought maybe it was the coxcomb but it was a tube-shape. So then I thought maybe it was the skin on the neck, except it had the consistency and little bumps that a coxcomb has. It tasted fine. I threw away the gizzard. Those things always come out too tough. I probably should have eaten it anyway just to say I ate all the giblets. It was an odd dinner.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Fuck salads. Honestly, don't ever eat another salad ever again, okay? I swear you will live.

Eat:
    Chicken with the skin on
    Pork with the fat on
    Beef with the fat on
    Liver of all kinds
    Other organs like heart or tongue or tails
    Pork belly (ha ha that's fat with the meat on)
    Eggs
    Salmon
    Sardines
    Cream, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, olive oil, macadamia nuts, avocados

If you eat all the above, salad is unnecessary and vegetables are a condiment, a flavor enhancer or a delivery device for butter/cheese/cream. That's all they ever need to be.
    OH Ok!! This is amazing how we're so so so brainwashed by the diet industry!! Thank you for reminding me of what I CAN eat... it's soooo easy to only think about what I "can't" eat.

Say - one of the issues I have with this kind of eating is fiber... do you take it separately? If I don't eat a lot of fruit - I'm suffering.

THank you for the support, it's terrific!!

Red

Quote Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
    Those times where you fall off the wagon are probably what is making this so hard. They aren't just isolated incidents, they are keeping you from getting used to the new way of eating and they are keeping your cravings alive. .....
    Transitioning to primal takes some sacrifices for sure but if you do it right you shouldn't sound as hungry and deprived as you do.
    DGreenwood... You nailed it.

Everything you say is true. I have been a chronic dieter for over 20 years. It IS a set of habits that are hard to toss, especially when you're obese. ESPECIALLY when you're OBESE> and have doctors looking at you and saying "Don't eat more than 1700 kcal a day." And family members giving you the hairy eyeball when you take the cheese and meat off a pizza and eat that (It's not the organic good stuff I know - but happens on a rare occasion thank goodness.) - and then hand you the celery.

During the short periods when I'm "sticking to it" - I FEEEEL wonderful! It's completely different. My body works, i'm not in pain - i have energy. I'm SOLD.

But you're right. You've nailed everything I'm going through. Amazing.

I really appreciate the understanding and advice, from yourself... and everyone.
    Red

Quote Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
    Wow, I typed for too long and a bunch of people said it better in fewer words!

Here's one thing that really helped me when I first started. Buy a big pack of chicken drumsticks and cook them all at once (with the skin on). Put them in the fridge at home and at work. If you get hungry and don't have time to cook eat 1, 2, 3, 4, how ever many it takes to stop being hungry.

Do the same thing with boiled eggs.

I'm not saying to go on an egg and chicken leg diet but these two items are easy to have around and taste pretty good cold (or nuke the chicken for 30 secs if you'd like).

These two things are pretty much how I survived the transition period.

AH - I have been avoiding chicken, mostly because hubby is allergic... but I CAN do that!!! GREAT Idea, we do have a fridge here at work and I can just bring the bag here and stuff it in freezer. GREAT Idea!! Thank you!!!

BUT - your first post was right on target to begin with, and I thank you for that.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Oi Red,

in the same boat here, trying to be primal for MONTHS now (honestly - it's like an obvsession, constantly thinking about this) and sliding back every time. It's not the veggies, it's me. Between job and kids and all other things, I don't have enough willpower left to take care of myself. Did a 100%day yesterday only to end up at McDo today cause I forgot to pack snacks, and consequently spending the afternoon anxiety-riddled on the couch. And it's not like I don't know.
    So, no advise from me. Will sneack some from your thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by mdelio820 View Post
    Keep eating protein. It's a weird concept when in your adult life you have been counting calories but that is why this lifestyle is so great--there is no counting. Some items that I love to incorporate in my day when I'm having a 'hungry day' are:
    almond butter, almond or coconut meal in a stir fry or to "bread" chicken, avocados, quinoa...

I also keep some dark chocolate and raw food desserts in my draw at work...also who says you can't season your nuts and seeds? They are great energy for that vending machine craving! You can use sesame oil with different seasonings or coconut oil with coconut flakes...

Also, I'm not sure if you have bought some primal cook books but that helped me get through some of my slumps, along with looking up some fun foods on marksdailyapple.com.

Good luck, stay strong and bounce right back--- if it makes you feel any better--I had a three week vacation in Montauk, NY where I was 70/30 most of the time instead of my 80/20....those lobster rolls and a stella artois are just too good!
    I did finally buy coconut flour... which I'm trying in some frying coatings tonight actually! Tilapia Cheeks!! YUM.
    I'm travelling to Texas for business next week - and the glut of Tex-mex restaurants that my co-workers will choose to eat at, might just slightly be surpassed by steak houses (if I'm lucky) ... so I might not have such a hard time of it there.

I have finally purchased a couple of the books.. and am fascinated, this is all terrific!

OK - deep breath... and back into the thick of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by steffturner View Post
    I like the chicken drumsticks and hard boiled eggs suggestion. When I was first starting out eggs were my go to snack. These days an avocado cracked open and sprinkled with a little sea salt is my favourite snack. I love the rich creamy texture. They taste so sinful to me I keep having to remind myself that they are so healthy!
    I don't remember where I heard it, but someone said that an avocado is a "whole" food - and you could simple live off of it if you needed to.... wasn't the same said of eggs too?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast