Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP! I'm SOOOOO 'saladed out!'.... page 2

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    It has been said before, but eat eat EAT!!!! Keep some good primal snacks around (jerky, eggs, nuts, celery and almond butter even) and start cooking in bacon fat- ohh it makes everything so much better. Buttered, pan fried, whatever, just use good ingredients and eat! Trust us here- if you stay strict (true 80% or higher) the fat burner phase will come. For some it comes faster than others- I was one of the lucky ones, but it will come and do not let yourself slip or get discouraged. Lots of support here in the forums and if you feel yourself slipping or need motivation start reading the success stories! They inspire me every time I read one and I turned to them often before I fully committed.
    Male 40 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

Msilver is offline Member
    If you need to eat more veggies try making an omelette and loading it up. Thats what I have every morning and sometimes thats the only vegetables I'll eat in a day.

mdelio820 is offline Junior Member
    Keep eating protein. It's a weird concept when in your adult life you have been counting calories but that is why this lifestyle is so great--there is no counting. Some items that I love to incorporate in my day when I'm having a 'hungry day' are:
    almond butter, almond or coconut meal in a stir fry or to "bread" chicken, avocados, quinoa...

I also keep some dark chocolate and raw food desserts in my draw at work...also who says you can't season your nuts and seeds? They are great energy for that vending machine craving! You can use sesame oil with different seasonings or coconut oil with coconut flakes...

Also, I'm not sure if you have bought some primal cook books but that helped me get through some of my slumps, along with looking up some fun foods on marksdailyapple.com.

Good luck, stay strong and bounce right back--- if it makes you feel any better--I had a three week vacation in Montauk, NY where I was 70/30 most of the time instead of my 80/20....those lobster rolls and a stella artois are just too good!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Fuck salads. Honestly, don't ever eat another salad ever again, okay? I swear you will live.

Eat:
    Chicken with the skin on
    Pork with the fat on
    Beef with the fat on
    Liver of all kinds
    Other organs like heart or tongue or tails
    Pork belly (ha ha that's fat with the meat on)
    Eggs
    Salmon
    Sardines
    Cream, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, olive oil, macadamia nuts, avocados

If you eat all the above, salad is unnecessary and vegetables are a condiment, a flavor enhancer or a delivery device for butter/cheese/cream. That's all they ever need to be.
    It's probably not in your best interest, looking at long term health, to eat the skin of CAFO chicken or the fat of CAFO beef/pork.

Now, if you're eating organic, grass fed animals (and their products)...then by all means, eat up.

The food your food eats matters.

Sure, you don't "need" vegetables, but the vitamins and nutrients you get from vegetables are more bioavailable than they are from your daily multivitamin. Hence, more benefit.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Fuck salads. Honestly, don't ever eat another salad ever again, okay? I swear you will live.

Eat:
    Chicken with the skin on
    Pork with the fat on
    Beef with the fat on
    Liver of all kinds
    Other organs like heart or tongue or tails
    Pork belly (ha ha that's fat with the meat on)
    Eggs
    Salmon
    Sardines
    Cream, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, olive oil, macadamia nuts, avocados

If you eat all the above, salad is unnecessary and vegetables are a condiment, a flavor enhancer or a delivery device for butter/cheese/cream. That's all they ever need to be.
    wow...u are one of those fat pushers aren't ya lol...well whatever works for ya I suppose! I d be careful recommending so much fat to newbies who are still trying to determine their individual tolerance to THAT much fat... #justsaying

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I would tend to agree that you dont need salads...sometimes excess veggies have been making me hungrier sooner (filling up on fiber instead of protein and fat I guess). Eggs are a go-to for me as well. 2 scrambled eggs will destroy any craving!

steffturner is offline Junior Member
    I like the chicken drumsticks and hard boiled eggs suggestion. When I was first starting out eggs were my go to snack. These days an avocado cracked open and sprinkled with a little sea salt is my favourite snack. I love the rich creamy texture. They taste so sinful to me I keep having to remind myself that they are so healthy!

Age: 44, 5' 2", SW: 128 lbs, CW: 118 lbs, Primal since April 2011

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.“
    ~Erma Bombeck

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    I d be careful recommending so much fat to newbies who are still trying to determine their individual tolerance to THAT much fat... #justsaying
    This. Beat me to it.

To the OP: it's already been said, but 'falling-off-the-wagon" is what's holding you back. Stick to your guns, because it's very hard to get back on when you've slipped off for long enough!

Eat veggies you like, and rotate. As long as you're not struggling with weight, I say eat sweet potatoes roasted with loads of butter/coconut oil and cinnamon. I find roasted asparagus filling and delicious. Eat avocados! Yum!

Don't go crazy with nuts; they're also full of the same stuff wheat is, and we avoid that stuff for good reason. Macadamias are still the best if you do want nuts here and there. But they are crazy addict and expensive!

Lastly, keep a food journal. Track what you eat, and how you felt after. Do this for a few weeks at least, and see if you notice any patterns in how you feel eating leafy greens vs. starchy veggies vs. cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower), and the amount of meat vs. fat you're eating. It's fascinating to see what keeps you fuller the longest, how well you tolerate fat as you increase it, what pisses your belly off, and what helps ya poop, LOL But seriously, keep a food journal.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    I would tend to agree that you dont need salads...sometimes excess veggies have been making me hungrier sooner (filling up on fiber instead of protein and fat I guess).
    Wow. I thought I was the only one!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    wow...u are one of those fat pushers aren't ya lol...well whatever works for ya I suppose! I d be careful recommending so much fat to newbies who are still trying to determine their individual tolerance to THAT much fat... #justsaying
    Have you tried it? I was one of the "Oh, no, we older women can't do all that fat. We are different" people. I used to go around posting to all the fat-pushers that their advice wouldn't work for me. Then I got to the point where I Just. Couldn't. Eat. One. More. Damn. Salad. I had nothing to lose. So I tried it.

I was SHOCKED! It actually worked. Not only did it not make me fat, it didn't make me overeat. It took away all my cravings, all my food obsessions. And it made me slim. Furthermore, it made me calm and fixed the anxiety and depression I've carried around all my life. I believe I can keep a job now.

When you get to the point you can't do it anymore and nothing is working, if you haven't tried eating real meat with the skin and/or fat still on and butter, cream, eggs, sardines and salmon, give it a shot. What would you have to lose by then?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast