Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: University of the Witwatersrand: Australopithecus diet page 2

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't like it

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    When scientists say that our brains are becoming more efficient they're just comforting themselves. There is no possible way that they could actually know that we've maintained brain function while decreasing energy expenditure. It's far more likely that the lack of essential fatty acids in the diet (the agricultural revolution likely being the culprit) has resulted in an inability to properly grow the brain to it's full potential. Kind of like how people got shorter.

I'd be interested in seeing whether a kid raised on paleo/primal foods would have that bigger brain.

I would think that the kid's mother would also have to eat that way, from conception onwards...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I would think that the kid's mother would also have to eat that way, from conception onwards...
    I guess when you consider the fact that epigenetic changes can persist for several generations the kid's grandparents should eat properly as well for the study to be valid.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Kwayzar1208 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    So cro magnon was a tall, robust individual with a larger head than the average (modern) man and comparatively poor social skills. Sounds like me. This is a Vulgaris Magistralis moment.

Ditto, made my morning! Ahoo

Rindy is offline Junior Member
    Umm, actually it is a real place - it is one of the biggest universities in South Africa - I can attest to it's 'reality' as I used to drive past it every day to work! See this link http://www.wits.ac.za

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12