Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over “Paleo Diet” page 2

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    The main point is that humans are evolved to survive - well enough to reproduce and more - on just about anything under the sun, from birdseed to chicken nuggets to seal blubber. That this is true says nothing about the "optimal human diet" ie the diet under which people function best, thus negating the (only) point of the post. I also hate Grok-appeals but there is a pretty major logical fallacy behind that post. It is certainly true that Black Angus steak and broccoli didn't exist in Paleo times, but the flip side is that they are probably, nutritionally, somewhat like what Grok ate. Certainly moreso than a whole grain bagel with fat free cream cheese.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    The big tip off for how stupid they are comes from saying yams are a new world food.
    Because..... they are?

Actually, that's not quite true. What people call a 'yam' differs from country to country. Certainly what *I* call a yam had its origins in south america.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sweet potatoes = south america
    yams = asia & africa

sometimes people confuse them or use the term yam incorrectly.

What's The Difference Between Sweet Potatoes and Yams?
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12