Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please post your Primal school lunch ideas. page

Freckleface is offline Junior Member

Please post your Primal school lunch ideas.

My oldest kid (15) went Primal with me this summer. He is doing great and has lost 17 pounds of fat. He is a healthy weight now and he has no desire to go back to a CW diet. Now that school is starting again, he is worried about what he will be able to have for lunch. Last year he would just pack a peanut butter sandwich. Does anyone have any ideas of what he can pack? Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Big Ass Salad. I put mine in a tupperware container then have a little pot seperately I put my salad dressing in (olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a touch of mustard). Then he just needs to take some cutlery.

Fruit.

Halve a bell pepper, scoop out the seeds and other crap and then stick salad stuff and chicken or whatever in each half - makes it like an edible bowl.

If he has dairy take a slice of ham*, spread with cream cheese then put strips of bell pepper in and roll it up.
    *most ham is processed so whether you consider it primal or not I leave to you.

In a sane world, kids would bring raw meat to school and they would grill it at lunch.

Until then, go with the chicken salad.

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    I make big batches of chicken curry, chili, stews, etc, freeze them in 2 cup wide mouth mason jars. Reheat and put into his two cup thermos.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Omlette eats well cold, I tend to have mine about half veg, onion, bell pepper, mushroom, kale, leek, sweet potatoe works well if you are going to be active/want more carbs. Easy to eat without cutlery without too much mess.

Other than that shove stuff in a box and add a fork, I had; coleslaw, hardboiled egg, cold roast chicken, liver pate, salad leaves, bell pepper and celery today in my packed lunch.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Spotted Pony is offline Junior Member
    My son has asked for deer jerky and fruit. I think this will work out fine!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    "Roll Your Owns" (no, not weed): pack lettuce, meat, cheese, and veggies all separately so they can make their own wrap.
    I second the omelets.
    Pack a thing of chicken/ tuna/ crab/ whatever and send slices of cuke, carrot, and other veggies to act as chips and use the salad as a dip.
    Egg muffins.
    Bento box type thing: throw a bunch of stuff in the bag and add a fork/ spoon. Hard cooked eggs, omelet, salad (dressing on side), meat salad, meat, veggies, cheese sticks/ cubes, fruit...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Theresa92 is offline Senior Member
    I personally enjoy salads when I take my lunch to work. Since he is 15, he might enjoy making his own salad and deciding what to put in it. If he doesn't want to take a salad, there are plenty of other things he could take!

Frittatas taste pretty good when eaten cold. If he enjoys hardboiled eggs then those are pretty easy to cook up the night before. Do you eat rice? Some people here consider rice to be primal. If you do, then sushi is always a yummy option. If you don't eat rice, then what about packing him some yummy canned tuna, canned salmon, etc along to school? If you open up the can the night before and squeeze lemon juice over it, then it won't smell fishy the next day.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Boy? 15? A whole roast chicken (lotsa napkins or a bib with a caveman on it). Veggies alternating with fruit on skewers. You'll be the "cool mom."

Disclaimer: I'm not a parent and never was, but I vaguely remember that my teenage bfs ate like they had eight assholes.

Kariberry is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Freckleface View Post
    My oldest kid (15) went Primal with me this summer. He is doing great ..... Now that school is starting again, he is worried about what he will be able to have for lunch. .... Does anyone have any ideas of what he can pack? Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.
    Same boat - except oldest is going off to the college dorms and is on a meal plan. There is a serious lack of healthy foods in the cafeteria, and he can't afford to spend much extra $ on food... anybody with college kids on the meal plan? Suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast