Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Richard Nikoley's (from Free The Animal) 'Fat Bread' - Anyone Tried It? page 8

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I made macadamia nut butter in my cheap, old blender by doing just as yodiewan said... pulse and scrape/stir frequently.

Shawn the Meat Man is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, but I found my macnuts at Publix grocery store for $10/#, and that's good enough for me! They're not organic, and they're salted, but this process is ENOUGH trouble without the need to crack the nuts!

I will not, though, make a double-sized loaf again. It's too soft to grill up "big and strong" like gluten-y "real" bread, so the big slices are no benefit.

This batch did come out wonderfully smooth and tasty, though, and has been great for holding my meats, cheeses and mayo together!

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm thinking of someday hiking the Pacific Crest Trail from the Canada to Mexico borders. I think you could do it pretty well on just Fat Bread, cheese, pemmican, and Larabars.
    Paleobird, how do you handle the carbs in Larabars? I just checked them out. They look damn good but so many carbs. I could eat only one bite which would really test my self-control.

faithy22 is offline Member
    Oh my dear lord!!!! Just made my first batch of this stuff. Holy cow...it's amazing! And just the slightest taste of coconut. My local natural food store had everything that I need (raw shelled macadamia nuts and unsweetened shredded coconut). I used my old food processor and had no trouble. I just drowned a piece (small, I'm trying to control myself) with butter and mascarpone cheese. I'm in heaven...I might need a few minutes alone...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Paleobird, how do you handle the carbs in Larabars? I just checked them out. They look damn good but so many carbs. I could eat only one bite which would really test my self-control.
    I don't eat Larabars when I'm trying to stay in ketosis like now. Yes, they do have a pretty heavy carb load but they are very handy for serious athletic endeavors like climbing mountains.

Paleobird Guest
    I have been dinking around with the recipe a bit and I think I finally got it right. I used one more egg for a total of 6, about 1.25 cup of mac nuts, but the same amount of coconut butter as in the original. I also added 1 TBSP of baking powder instead of the ambiguous "rounded" TSP that Richard calls for. I just baked a loaf and I finally got the poof factor that had been lacking.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wanted to revive this thread. I made the bread from the site and had not read this thread. I wasn't sure what coconut butter was so i just used a cup of the thick coconut cream found at the top of the cans. It came out great and was alot less work than trying to make it from dried coconut, less expensive too.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678