Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So... This is crazy page 2

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The same (kind of) thing happened to me early this summer. Went to Mediterranean for two weeks - I didn't really 'overeat' but I definitely relaxed on the pasta and pizza and gelato and wine and... lol. Seriously, I was in italy, france and spain and I didn't want to avoid everything!
    We also walked quite a bit - most days were > 5 miles - some close to 10. Have you ever walked around Pompeii? Looooots of walking!

anyway - didn't lose, didn't gain.

However, when I came back and resumed primal I lost a pound a day for eight days - so, going on a vacation "refeed" of sorts actually jump started weight loss again.

Now, I DID exercise (walking everyday and a few lift heavy things mornings mixed with kickboxing) and my non-primal choices were usually only 1 per day. For instance, Pizza for the evening meal in Naples...amazing btw, breakfast and lunch were primarily primal. I ended up with very few stomach issues and tons of energy.

anyway - I feel that my body has become a more efficient machine in almost a year of primarily primal.

forward,
    pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    The calories in/out crowd will say it's all about calories, but I think there's more to it than that. By eating healthy primal foods and getting your body to work properly, your hormonal and metabolic responses to food are improved. You aren't triggering or exacerbating immune problems eating bad food all the time. Your metabolic hormones are in balance and working properly now. You are giving your body the nutrients it needs to build all the little chemicals it takes to make you a healthy, fully-formed human being. Your body can now respond to food properly, perhaps burning more of it at rest than before when you were eating poorly on a regular basis.
    +1000
    As I said before, I think CICO is completely valid, but there's more to it than it seems. I believe eating Primal/Paleo balances out the hormonal craziness created by the SAD. Balanced hormones = more calorie burning. I've noticed this myself. When I go out of town to visit my family I tend to stray away from 95/5 Primal. But I rarely put on any weight. I thought about this myself, and I just came to the conclusion that my hormones are straightened out and I must be "handling" the excess calories more efficiently. I'm pretty sure if I went back to SAD I'd slowly put weight back on and reverse everything I've accomplished so far.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Ditch the scale.

Seriously, ditch it. You've proven that what you look like doesn't relate to a number on a scale.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12