Thread: Ethics Question -- Feeding Non-Pirmals page

KWM
    KWM is offline Member

Ethics Question -- Feeding Non-Pirmals

Shop Now
    Does it make anyone squirm that I make sugar-free, primal jerky (i.e., wheat-free tamari, not too much Worcestershire) with lean roasts from Costco for gifting my non-primal family and friends, saving the grass-fed beef for me (and one other primal buddy)?

I'd appreciate opinions, based on the following:

I have a great source of grass fed, free range beef. "Great" in that I know the face of the cow I am eating for breakfast. Price is very decent. Alas, quantity is limited, especially for the good jerky cuts.

Price difference between grass fed & Costco negligible. (I told you the price was very decent.)

Part of me says -- good lord! Don't be silly. If they eat bread and cereal with abandon, it's not an issue. (Story of my failed attempts at conversion saved for another day.)

Part of me says -- buy why spread more factory meat and all its attendant sorrows into the world?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    why waste the good stuff on them?
    I doubt they can tell the difrence & they wouldn't appreciate it anyways.. as they eat it with their donuts
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I make the cheap stuff for myself so why should you worry? All you really want is the grass-fed fat anyway (and maybe also the environmental/animal welfare/vote-with-your-dollars benefits).
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Mogs is offline Junior Member
    At the end of each week, my husband and I host all of our friends at our house in the evening. Part of this includes cooking for everyone. While we keep the meals grain-free, we don't use organic/grass fed meats, mostly because of the increased cost for us to have grass fed beef and the lack of appreciation from our friends (the meals we cook are generally better than anything most of them eat all week already, and they don't care if the meat is grass fed). I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
    At the end of each week, my husband and I host all of our friends at our house in the evening. Part of this includes cooking for everyone. While we keep the meals grain-free, we don't use organic/grass fed meats, mostly because of the increased cost for us to have grass fed beef and the lack of appreciation from our friends (the meals we cook are generally better than anything most of them eat all week already, and they don't care if the meat is grass fed). I wouldn't worry about it, personally.
    +1. But I love that you worry about it -- so do I.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I struggle with the same thing; mostly with organics. If I'm making a huge salad (especially fruit) for a group who don't care... do I spend the big bucks?

Typically, if I know i am going to eat it with them, I buy the 'good' stuff. May sound selfish, but it pushes me over the edge.

I don't buy diet soda, though! That is my limit. They can bring their own neurotoxins.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Oh FFS. Ethics? A few billion people DREAM of eating something like a roast from Costco. Seriously, keep things in perspective.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!