Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: Help needed on Carbs

Threaded View

Hereford, UK

Help needed on Carbs

Hi guys, being relatively new to this I am trying my hardest to follow the Primal/Paleo Blue Print, I exercise 6 days out of seven, using kettlebell routines, Tabata Sprints and dog walking! I am about 90/10 in favour Primal in my food intake with the 10 being my weakness for Dark (70% and up) Chocolate.

What I'm struggling with is knowing how much is 50 to 70g of Carbs in relation to actual food products?

I have cut out completely all grain, breads, rice, pasta, all processed sugar, all processed foods,diary (Cow, I still have the occassional dollop of Sheep or Goat yoghurt), I drink my herbal tea neat and my coffe black, no fizzy drinks, minimal alcohol (odd glass of white wine or a glass of cold pressed cider).

A typical breakfast is 3 egg omelette with a couple of spring onions, chopped ham (farm fresh not processed) and chilli flakes, with a herbal tea

Lunch is a handful of dates plus a whey protein drink.

Dinner is meat, with a selection of steamed vegitables, water or a glass of white wine.

Snacks are ALWAYS homemade Larabars - coconut and lime being my favourite.

Thanks for the help in advance

Keep the faith!!
    Last edited by chrisay59; 08-07-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: spelling mistake...I hate those!