Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago page

Scott F is offline Senior Member

Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago

Shop Now
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Wow, that's really interesting!

I think what is upsetting to me is "fat pride". I've noticed a lot of heavily obese women refer to themselves as "real women" and "curvy". They're not a pleasantly plump 140 pound "Marylin", either. While I don't like people being bullied, being obese is not something you should feel happy with. It's not just about looks. Heart disease and diabetes are not good.

Amazing how times change!

SacredBeaver is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post

I think what is upsetting to me is "fat pride". I've noticed a lot of heavily obese women refer to themselves as "real women" and "curvy". They're not a pleasantly plump 140 pound "Marylin", either. While I don't like people being bullied, being obese is not something you should feel happy with. It's not just about looks. Heart disease and diabetes are not good.

THANK YOU! I feel the same way. Being obese is not having "curves". Fat pride disgusts me, it's not OK at all.

Eric5105 is offline Member
    I remember seeing a picture where they had the Victoria's Secret Angels on the top and Dove's "Real Women" on the bottom. So....skinny with no muscle or fat with no muscle? Both of these companies are pushing destructive habits for women. Just lift some heavy shit and eat a steak!

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Oh and shattering their self image constantly in the drive to "help" them is better? yes guide them to a healthy life but if a big woman is healthy enough for her own self and wants to feel good about herself, well who are you to say different?
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member

Good to know that 140 pounds is "pleasantly plump"

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5105 View Post
    I remember seeing a picture where they had the Victoria's Secret Angels on the top and Dove's "Real Women" on the bottom. So....skinny with no muscle or fat with no muscle? Both of these companies are pushing destructive habits for women. Just lift some heavy shit and eat a steak!
    This is the picture you're referring to, and the Dove women are hardly "fat". Chubby, sure, but I think you have a warped idea about what fat actually is. That said, I don't think criticizing women who are skinny is right either, although I have no issue with questioning the media's very narrow definition of beauty.

Last edited by Blackcatbone; 08-06-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    Good to know that 140 pounds is "pleasantly plump"
    As I understand it, Marylin Monroe was around 140-150 during at least a chunk of her life. She's a woman "curvy" women constantly compare themselves to or to justify their obesity. I'm not saying 140 is obese, but actual obese people use her to justify their own weight...despite the fact they may be 200+ pounds.

And yes, depending on your height and muscle tone, 140 might be "pleasantly plump". This is just my opinion. The heaviest I've been at 5'6" was 135 pounds (without muscle tone) and 10 pounds more would likely be what I consider plump.

Individual obese people who I have no relation to do not concern me. What concerns me is the issues my children, grandchildren, and so on will have to face.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    This is the picture you're referring to, and the Dove women are hardly "fat". Chubby, sure, but I think you have a warped idea about what fat actually is. That said, I don't think criticizing women who are skinny is right either, although I have no issue with questioning the media's very narrow definition of beauty.

I would totally go for the bottom girls first.

On the topic, that fat circus guy doesn't even look that fat. I would've guessed 300.

jammies is offline Senior Member

It is the pendulum swinging the other way - finally. Fat women have been told that they are worthless and unlovable simply because they are fat - and in spite of whatever other amazing contributions they may make to this world. So now they are reclaiming it and saying screw everyone - I WILL love myself. For now that is manifesting as loving the "curves". Ultimately the happy middle ground should be reached where someone can say I am overweight, that is less than ideal for my health, but I am still as valuable a human being as the next person.

Fat women are treated like complete and total shit in the US. I for one would rather see some fat pride than watch these women be bullied in to hiding in their homes.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast