Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago page 6

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Wonder how many of those "fat acceptance" people are chowing down at Chick Fil a...interesting how acceptance works often in just one direction.
    I wouldn't support Chick-Fil-A either (I'm not in the US so it's not an issue--same-sex marriage is legal here, and I've been to some very lovely weddings thanks to that).

But that's sort of a red herring, like someone's only allowed to care about the way fat people are treated if they meet up to every other ideological litmus test first.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    +1

I think it's an awful site that mocks fat people, poor people, and sometimes people with mental illnesses.

I can't imagine how horrible I would feel having someone snap a covert picture of me and put it up for mockery on the internet.
    You can write them a hate letter. Funny Pictures at WalMart Hate Mail

Silky is offline Senior Member
    My GOAL is to look like one of the dove models. Seriously when I get there I will be delighted.

And you know what. I was there 12 years ago. I was a UK size 12, Flat stomach, great hourglass figure, had loads of male attention. But I thought I was fat so I dieted, starved myself, exercised, went low fat vegetarian.
    And because of that started gaining weight.

That lowfat vegetarian diet combined with 2 years on prednisone sent me up to 183lbs.

But now I am finally off the drugs and combined with primat blueprint I am now losing. Yup, at the rate I am going I will look like a dove model by about Christmas. How fantastic will that be? I am so happy.

I think those women look great. I'm looking forward to having my body back.
    Last edited by Silky; 08-08-2012 at 12:20 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    My GOAL is to look like one of the dove models. Seriously when I get there I will be delighted.

And you know what. I was there 12 years ago. I was a UK size 12, Flat stomach, great hourglass figure, had loads of male attention. But I thought I was fat so I dieted, starved myself, exercised, went low fat vegetarian.
    And because of that started gaining weight.

That lowfat vegetarian diet combined with 2 years on prednisone sent me up to 183lbs.

But now I am finally off the drugs and combined with primat blueprint I am now losing. Yup, at the rate I am going I will look like a dove model by about Christmas. How fantastic will that be? I am so happy.

I think those women look great. I'm looking forward to having my body back.
    Best of luck.

Don't forget though that happiness comes from what you have, not from what you want.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    +1

I think it's an awful site that mocks fat people, poor people, and sometimes people with mental illnesses.

I can't imagine how horrible I would feel having someone snap a covert picture of me and put it up for mockery on the internet.
    there are asses (of all sizes) hanging out. Is that the mental illness part? Or the poverty and lack of education part?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Or the poverty and lack of education part?
    I think overall our society had simply started to not put care into dressing. Plus there is the whole teenage hooker look.

I remember on a college campus seeing a thin girl with pants so low cut, you could see her pubic hair. It was gross. I think that people "think" it is sexy to have ass hanging out, of all sizes, in all situations. It cuts across income and education levels.

I'd say a good chunk of it is also people wanting attention.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Geez, I had never heard of that People at Walmart site. That is scary.

Magnolia, pubic hair hanging out?! No!!!! what is wrong with people?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Magnolia, pubic hair hanging out?! No!!!! what is wrong with people?
    I will refrain from comment so that this does not devolve back into a shaving/not shaving thread.

As for Walmart, it is Walmart. What care should I put into dressing? As long as all indecent body parts are covered who cares if I am wearing a 3 piece suit or leopard print spandex? It's not like most places have a stated dress code beyond "No shirt, no shoes no service."

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    So glad to know 140 is "plump" considering that I'm at 154 and about 20% body fat. This is what our messed-up perceptions of bodies does to us. I'm somewhere in between the Dove and the VS models. I'm disturbed that there are people out there who I'm sure still see me as not lean enough because you can only sort of see my ribs and just the sides of my abs rather than the six-pack, and there's still some fat on my thighs too. Those women in that Dove ad would mostly fall into a healthy BMI range, so don't give me nonsense about the fat-hate being all about "health".

I don't give a damn if a woman wants to wear short shorts at whatever her body size. I've had enough being shamed for my body in my life--I admire women who can wear what they feel like and be proud of it.

These fat-shaming threads make me lose immense respect for a lot of people every time they come around.

Oh, and I'll never, ever weigh 120 unless I get seriously ill. Guess I should cover up and never dare to venture out of the house in anything less than walking shorts lest I horrify someone with my monstrous thighs.
    140 is plump for me. I'm 5'5", but small framed - I have a wrist circumference of 6 1/4 inches. Even 125 does not look good on me. It isn't just about what we weigh, it's at what weight we feel most comfortable. The highest I've weighed was 138 and it was a chore to bend over. Right now I'm around 126 and I still have that spare tire around my middle, but it's slowly disappearing. Until I hit menopause, I never weighed more than 110.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think overall our society had simply started to not put care into dressing. Plus there is the whole teenage hooker look.

I remember on a college campus seeing a thin girl with pants so low cut, you could see her pubic hair. It was gross. I think that people "think" it is sexy to have ass hanging out, of all sizes, in all situations. It cuts across income and education levels.

I'd say a good chunk of it is also people wanting attention.
    ...that or people who go out in public wearing their pajamas and slippers. People today just don't seem to get it that one is actually more sexy when they wear clothes that flatter them and leave a little to the imagination, er well....except the UPS driver who takes his shirt off and jogs around the park on his lunch break.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast