Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago page 4

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    The only thing I don't get about fat pride I've observed is if you love yourself so much why don't you stop eating shit and maybe prepare yourself a salad.
    I ate a lot more salad when I was fatter. I eat a lot more pork belly now that I'm thinner.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Jesus.

That's a city the size of Houston right there.
    most of them probably ARE in houston! seriously, it's a fatty fat town here.

The only thing I don't get about fat pride I've observed is if you love yourself so much why don't you stop eating shit and maybe prepare yourself a salad.
    I had an old friend who ate what I considered extreme health food and played a significant amount of sports. He was still my definition of "fat".As in, saggy rolls. You can eat what appears to be healthy by conventional standards and not be. He might have also had a legitimate health issue. Who knows.

I think women are most attractive when they have a nice weight distribution to their ass and thighs. So the Dove women look pretty good. I think my favorite models are with Victoria Secret. Adriana Lima has a glorious amount of curves!

There's also a very good reason why everyone likes staring at Kate Upton. She's quite curvy!

Everyone has different opinions on what is attractive on the weight spectrum. Seeing as many come here for weight loss, I can also see why this would be a touchy subject.

Depending on where you live, you could definitely see folks like the circus photo every time you leave the house. There was a considerable amount of change in people's weights as I moved from Arizona to Washington. I also think poverty levels might have something to do with it. I always think I'm seeing more heavily overweight people when I am doing things in poorer neighborhoods.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    So interesting you posted this. I have some awesome panoramic photos from 1933/34 Ringling Bros Circus. We always comment on how 'every day' looking the fat lady seems. She is front and center in the photos, as if to show she is the most alarming. I literally can go into a fast food restaurant today and see many like her.

I was teased for being fat as a child. Looking at pictures, I was not... but I was never the stick thin girl with chicken legs. I had no belly and was athletic. Times have changed! I'd be considered skinny by today's standards. The worst is to see the children with bellies. That makes me so sad.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Because salad is disgusting compared to cake and pie, and to force yourself to eat something disgusting goes against loving yourself.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

otzi Guest

jammies is offline Senior Member
    It's about accepting that you are currently failing at taking care of your diet properly, while acknowledging that you are still a person with value.

I'm quite certain you suck at some things. Diet is very hard to control unless you know the right way to eat.

Your suggesting is pretty much the class "eat a carrot, b!tch" advice. Fat people must be pretty stupid since it never occurred to them to eat healthier.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    These new generation of girls will wear short skirts and crop tops and not care about the fat tummies and thighs!
    i've just been inspired to spend a few minutes on People of Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    i've just been inspired to spend a few minutes on People of Walmart.
    Schadenfreude - YouTube

look - i wouldn't wear terry cloth daisy dukes and i weigh less than 120lbs. It boggles my mind to see that someone 100 or 150 lbs overweight thinks it's appropriate.

i was inspired by the lady's comment that so many overweight girls just let it all hang out.

don't worry, i know that skinny peeps and old people etc dress inappropriately too (they're all on POW too).

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast