Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago page 3

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Another fat haters thread?
    Yeah. Prepare for long and torturously-written justifications oozing fake concern for other people's health.

By the way, anybody who thinks the women in the Dove ads are fat has to be a 15 year old boy or a 15 year old boy trapped in a man's body because the Victoria's Secret ads are like 15 year old boys with boobs.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    If you think the women in the Dove Beauty Campaign are fat asses, I feel sorry for you.

I hate that we have 1. a definition of beauty that only includes the VS model. And then we start thinking a healthy female body is fat. To me it looks like every last one of the Dove women is healthy. None of them have flabby stomachs. They all have some tone to their legs. None of them would have made the "fat lady" podium back in 1900.

Probably most of the women here that eat steak and lift heavy things LOOK like the dove models. Those ripped fitness models are not normal women following Primal Blueprint. They are either very lucky genetically or work very hard to stay leaner than a woman's body wants to be.

Women have body fat and curve to their ass, thighs and hips in many/most cases.
    I was going to say something like this last night but didn't feel like getting into it. I fully agree. The Dove models look strong, like they could do heavy work, carry a child, put a serious beat-down on you if need be. The VS models look like they'd have a hard time doing much of anything. I realize that some people are just naturally very thin. I had a friend that ate like a horse and couldn't gain weight, but she was wiry and strong, worked on cars, spent summers in Alaska in a salmon canning plant. Seriously, she was bad ass. So being thin doesn't automatically mean weak and fragile, but the VS women, especially numbers 1 and 4, look starved and unhealthy.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    The guy in the first link according to the link was 525 pounds at 19. The second link is of a person who according to Wiki was 442 pounds. He married his fellow 'circus freak' who weighed in at 570. While society is getting more obese most people are a far cry from 500+ pounds. Sure, those people exist, but they are far from the norm. Even if a quick web search is correct and it is 2 million in the US who are 500+ pounds (more than I expected to be honest) that is still <1% So not on the level of uniqueness of a circus freak but still not the norm.

Also fat women are real women. They are not fake. Also they have curves. Hell, I have a fat roll on my stomach and it curves very well. It curves far better than the wash board abs some dudes are sporting.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    I won't trust those reported weights from 100 years ago. Circuses would also lie about stuff like that.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    They all look pretty hot to me. (The models; I haven't looked at the freaks 'cuz Mama told me not to stare at the afflicted. heh)

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sure, those people exist, but they are far from the norm. Even if a quick web search is correct and it is 2 million in the US who are 500+ pounds (more than I expected to be honest).....
    Jesus.

That's a city the size of Houston right there.
    Last edited by Legbiter; 08-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Jesus.

That's a city the size of Houston right there.
    Agreed, it is a lot of people.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    The only thing I don't get about fat pride I've observed is if you love yourself so much why don't you stop eating shit and maybe prepare yourself a salad.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Agreed, it is a lot of people.
    It's less than .67% percent of the pop tho
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    It's less than .67% percent of the pop tho
    Understood. I mentioned that in my other post. .67% or not 2 million is a lot of people. It was like when we were deployed "Only 1% of the population is radicalized and wants to kill you" well, great but that is still hundreds of thousands of people that want to kill me.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast