Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago page 12

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It has been my experience that women are far crueler to other women, when it comes to comments on appearance, than men ever are. Of course, YMMV.
    and it starts in grade school with the cliquey queen bee crap getting the other girls to ostracize someone simple because she can and if makes her feel empowered.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It has been my experience that women are far crueler to other women, when it comes to comments on appearance, than men ever are. Of course, YMMV.
    All of my problems have come from other women, never men. My last job I was at for 7 years and for most of that time I was the only woman, or one of only two or three, and I had no problems at all. The only comment I ever got from a man about anything was when I was walking home from the bus about 5 years ago, and a car with two young guys in it stopped at the crosswalk so I could cross. The driver yelled "Slut!" out the window and the other guy immediately said, "Hey man, don't do that!" and then yelled "sorry!" out to me. Women on the other hand are HORRIBLE and will find any excuse to put other women down. Not all women are like that, I know, and I'm sure men can be cruel as well, but all the blame cannot be put on guys. Not even close.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alexgrace View Post
    Monroe was not plump. She was utterly tiny most of her life, ranging from a British size 8 to a 10, which would translate to a US size 4/6 to 8/10.

Her dressmaker had the measurements of Monroe's waist being 22 to 23 inches, and her hips at 35 to 36 inches and her bust at 35 to 37. While this is wonderfully hourglass, a waist at 22 inches is incredibly small. I have only had a waist this size when I was 21, and weighed about 105 pounds.

Interestingly, Monroe had a small waist than a lot of the current VS angels. Again, she had nearly the same measurements (albeit a slightly larger bust and hip and smaller waist) to Miranda Kerr or Adriana Lima. The difference, of course, is the height. She was about five inches shorter.

I suppose you could say VS angels are kinda *stretched* Monroes .

I will say though, that it was a hellova lot easier to be slim back in the 50s and 60s because of the lack of extremely processed products in the food chain. I reckon if we were all transported back to 1955, we'd find we all lost weight rather quickly unless we specifically ate loads of cake.
    Interesting, I never knew all that.

They should do a movie on being transported back to 1955. Maybe they could create a car that time travels or something. Maybe with a flux capacitor or something?

Seriously, I would love to at least visit that time period. That's like the golden age of being American.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Seriously, I would love to at least visit that time period. That's like the golden age of being American.
    ...so long as you weren't a woman who wanted a career (aside from being an actress) or an African-American...

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    ...so long as you weren't a woman who wanted a career (aside from being an actress) or an African-American...
    True, but that is right when our country is about as strong as it ever was. Just got rich after WWII, morale was high. Technology was booming (the moon landing was only a decade away). The countryside was cleaner, the food was cleaner.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm.... yes, women can be bitches too, but in my experience all love a fat friend. The better I look, the more bitchiness I get from females.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Hmmm.... yes, women can be bitches too, but in my experience all love a fat friend. The better I look, the more bitchiness I get from females.
    Sure, but do they love a fat friend because they are loving and accepting people or do they love a fat friend because they look 'good' by comparison?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Sure, but do they love a fat friend because they are loving and accepting people or do they love a fat friend because they look 'good' by comparison?
    Call it 50/50..... And the comments are usually behind your back.

Nicator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    ...so long as you weren't a woman who wanted a career (aside from being an actress)
    Women finally realize feminism has failed - YouTube

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not really. Society failed to progress in terms of parental leave and too few women have taken it far enough in refusing to partner/reproduce with men who wouldn't pick up their share of household/childrearing duties. Men's happiness hasn't fallen because they still have someone picking up after them and raising their children. Ask a woman who hasn't compromised her ideals for a relationship if she's happy and the answer will most likely be a resounding yes. But most women don't consider themselves feminists.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast