Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago page 11

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey if we can't laugh we would all cry all the time.

I'd like to point out that skinny people are jokes just like fat people are. NO ONE is immune.

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    I'm tired of this debate, both sides usually come out looking poorly. I know what I want my body to look like (based on what's possible with my genetics and metabolism). I know what body types I find sexually attractive in potential partners. I know how to eat healthy. Caring too much about what other people are eating and what they weigh is only going to put me in a bad mood, so I avoid it. I do think modern society is broken in many ways when it comes to nutrition, health, and weight; but if someone is happy and confident in the way they look, power to them. Honestly.

People can make a lot of personal remarks when you are unusually thin, and I've had plenty of negative feedback in my life. I've always been underweight for my height (naturally so, I have a very small frame - and I have a big butt for my size, and visible muscles in my upper body, so these days people don't think of me as 'skinny' even though my BMI is hitting 18 for the first time in my life, and I am 27). However I have had many overweight friends in my life, some of them carrying over 100 extra pounds, and our experiences can't and shouldn't be compared. Most people get made fun of at some point, but the level of vicious cruelty fat people often are the target of is a whole other level... just my two cents.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Hey if we can't laugh we would all cry all the time.

I'd like to point out that skinny people are jokes just like fat people are. NO ONE is immune.
    Not the point, Dado.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    John Lennon said that woman is the n***er of the world. If you have big breasts men gawk and make jokes. If you're blonde, men make jokes. If you're a lesbian, they say you just haven't met the right dick. If you're smart, they call you castrating. If you make more money than they do, they cheat with someone less threatening. If you're fat, they moo. If you're thin, they tell you that you need some butter.

If women were as cruel to men as men are to women, the average man would need pills to get it up.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    John Lennon said that woman is the n***er of the world....
    If women were as cruel to men as men are to women, the average man would need pills to get it up.
    If this is true for you, you may want to re-consider the men you're hanging out with and trying to impress. The relationship game goes both ways. Lots of women overlook the smart, considerate guys because they don't match many of women's ideal mate. Same goes for men. There are lots of quality people who don't measure up to our standards of physical attraction. As for John Lennon - sounds like he was a first-class prick to his first wife.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Trying to impress? Me? I know I'm just some text on a screen here, but I know me, and the thought that I ever tried to impress men is very funny to me.

All of the above posts show that the fat jokes are mostly all directed at women and I didn't write all the above posts.

As to how Lennon treated his first wife, I was attributing the quote to him so that I didn't write, "Someone once said..."

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Come on now, Joanie... you had me at "Senior Member."

Nicator is offline Senior Member
    Could someone remind me again, how many girlfriends died shielding their boyfriends during the Aurora, Colorado shooting?

alexgrace is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
    Wow, that's really interesting!

I think what is upsetting to me is "fat pride". I've noticed a lot of heavily obese women refer to themselves as "real women" and "curvy". They're not a pleasantly plump 140 pound "Marylin", either. While I don't like people being bullied, being obese is not something you should feel happy with. It's not just about looks. Heart disease and diabetes are not good.

Amazing how times change!
    Monroe was not plump. She was utterly tiny most of her life, ranging from a British size 8 to a 10, which would translate to a US size 4/6 to 8/10.

Her dressmaker had the measurements of Monroe's waist being 22 to 23 inches, and her hips at 35 to 36 inches and her bust at 35 to 37. While this is wonderfully hourglass, a waist at 22 inches is incredibly small. I have only had a waist this size when I was 21, and weighed about 105 pounds.

Interestingly, Monroe had a small waist than a lot of the current VS angels. Again, she had nearly the same measurements (albeit a slightly larger bust and hip and smaller waist) to Miranda Kerr or Adriana Lima. The difference, of course, is the height. She was about five inches shorter.

I suppose you could say VS angels are kinda *stretched* Monroes .

I will say though, that it was a hellova lot easier to be slim back in the 50s and 60s because of the lack of extremely processed products in the food chain. I reckon if we were all transported back to 1955, we'd find we all lost weight rather quickly unless we specifically ate loads of cake.

canio6 Guest
    It has been my experience that women are far crueler to other women, when it comes to comments on appearance, than men ever are. Of course, YMMV.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast