Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 minutes "is sugar toxic" page

TCates190 is offline Senior Member

60 minutes "is sugar toxic"

Primal Fuel
    60 Minutes Is sugar toxic? - CBS News - YouTube

IMO this Doctor hit this out of the park, I was watching this with my parents last night and it really began opening their eyes. I was thrilled to hear cholesterol being used in its correct context... And super surprised something like this has made it this main stream.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    If you liked that then you'll really like this 7 part UCTV show with Dr Lustig

The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): An Epidemic for Every Body - YouTube
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCates190 View Post

IMO this Doctor hit this out of the park....
    This was great, quick and to the point. I wish he would have included more foods, condiments, etc. to really drive it home. Regardless, having this on 60 minutes gave me credibility to family members as it echoed everything I have been saying.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    When I was a kid in the late 60s (early 70s) we were warned not to eat too much candy because it would lead to "sugar diabetes". You never hear that anymore. Now sugar diabetes is called "Type 2 Diabetes"
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    This was great, quick and to the point. I wish he would have included more foods, condiments, etc. to really drive it home. Regardless, having this on 60 minutes gave me credibility to family members as it echoed everything I have been saying.
    I agree, but I think just getting the word out to the general public that fats found in whole, unprocessed foods aren't the villain is a step in the right direction. For some reason family members have to see it on tv before they believe us....sigh..I'm in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    When I was a kid in the late 60s (early 70s) we were warned not to eat too much candy because it would lead to "sugar diabetes". You never hear that anymore. Now sugar diabetes is called "Type 2 Diabetes"
    Wow, it really makes you wonder. Every kid knows what sugar is, not every kid knows what diabetes is.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    He says "a maximum of a 100 calories from added sugar a day. That's 25 grams a day, that's still a lot for us here
    Billie trips balls

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    He puts honey in the 'bad' group!

Some good raw honey is good for ya!

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Heres the Australian 60 minutes video that showed a couple of months ago

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it's all that ground breaking... we all know sugar is unhealthy and toxic. What people don't know is that grains and unhealthy and act the same way sugar does in the body along with all the anti-nutrients they contain. Why doesn't someone address this along with sugar? Grains are sugar, too.

Those cancerous tumors with insulin receptors can get all the glocuse they need to grow from the 300-400 grams of "heart healthy" whole grains and beans that Americans will eat in place of the toxic sugar in their diet.
    Last edited by healthy11; 08-07-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast