Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Power of IF page

Milty is offline Senior Member

The Power of IF

Primal Fuel
    A skeptical reporter does a five week 5:2 fast. That's 5 days eating "normally" and 2 eating fewer than 500 cals each. He says he lost about 1 Stone (roughly 14lbs US) and had improved blood markers.

BBC News - The power of intermittent fasting

Cool, do you know when the video will be available to watch in other countries?

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I'm shocked that he lost weight by reducing caloric intake...that's insane.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    I think it's more telling that he ate a Standard (British) diet, while only fasting the equivalent of 3-4 meals a week, without exercise, and lost 14lbs. While some who go to the gym everyday who don't fast, struggle to lose anything.

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. There's a Telegraph article here which explains a bit more:

The 5:2 diet: can it help you lose weight and live longer? - Telegraph

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    What I liked about this series was that he was just an average looking man. In clothes, he didn't appear to need to lose much weight.

His 5:2 results (blood markers) were the same after five weeks as they were after one (I think it was) 3.5 day fast. So, much of what we learn here (primal blue print) re: fasting was born out in this n=1 study.

Also, when compared to a lifetime of very restricted calories and a 3.5 day fast, 5:2 seems doable forever. Once one's psyche gets used to two 24 hour periods per week of 400-600 calories, I'm sure it becomes habit as much as eliminating grains and sugar. One night you eat supper, then the next day you (for eg.) drink broth until supper rolls around again.

It is available at you.tube.

noreaster is offline Junior Member
    The combination of IF and Primal eating is amazing, such a dynamic duo that allows a person superior appetite control. Truly amazing.

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Here's his programme on exercise:- Horizon - The Truth About Exercise (BBC, 2012) - YouTube It was after this that I started HIT rowing in my garage instead of rowing long distances on my boat that goes nowhere.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Unfortunately they used this as a method to allow people to eat whatever the hell they wanted the rest of the time.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast