Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 month to age 50, and I'm switching it up! page

Paleofan is offline Senior Member

1 month to age 50, and I'm switching it up!

Shop Now
    Yep, 50 years old in September. And, thanks to 2 years of primal I don't feel anywhere near that age. I am leaner and healthier than I was over the past 25 years. I eat primal, mostly lower carb. LHT, run some and am generally active.

At 5'3" and around 132 lbs, LHT added some great changes to my figure. That was the final thing that added a waiste line for me. Squats, pull ups, push ups and some free weights.

So, I am going to focus this next month on more strength training, and a bit less social eating and drinking. Summer has been a great time for hanging out with friends and family, but I want to dial that in for the short term. Looking for a bit more ab definition. I am not focused on weight loss, but will take it if it helps.

And, strength training, sprints, and no running for now. Thinking of working with a personal trainer as a birthday treat. I really want the focus on LHT.

Starting today with some good ole eggs, bacon and coconut oil coffee. Great start to day 1!

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    I am 46 and can now do press ups for the first time in my life. Great to feel that we are not just growing unhealthy as we get older.
    I do a similar routing to you but without the running. I like Zumba so always think all the jumping around at that is my sprints.
    I love the feeling I get from using heavy free weights until I can't do any more. My body feels really relaxed afterwards.
    I eat bacon and egg every weekend with the family.
    Good luck with your new routine, sounds like you can only get better and better.

Thanks annedawso!

Today was great.
    B: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, coffee with coconut oil
    L: BAS with diced chicken and blue cheese dressing
    D: small salad with bacon tomato and ranch dressing and a beef stick for dessert

Did some LHT and recumbent bike sprints. Also inquired with a friend about their personal trainer.

I just love bacon and egg. It defintely feels like a treat. During the week I have 2 boiled eggs - enjoyable but not a treat.
    Your food choices sound lovely. I am doing a chicken curry for tea using curry powder and tinned tomatoes. The rest of the family have rice and naan.
    Did circuit traing at the gym last night and 30 mins yoga this morning. Going to Zumba tonight.
    I am down to 152lb from 166lb. Still feels like a long way to go. Been inspired lately by Gary Taubes book and have upped my fat intake.
    Will be interested if you get a personal trainer what they get you to do.

Today:
    B - walnuts, 2 squares dark chocolate and coffe with coconut oil
    L - 1/2 avocado, cheese, spaghetti sauce with meat that I made the night before
    D - 1 hamburger patty with cheese, primal baked zucchini rounds with sour cream.
    Primal Baked Zucchini Rounds (Grain Free, Gluten Free) | Joyful Abode

Natural calm right now before bed. Nice calm day.

Never seen those zucchini rounds before. Look very tasty.
    Your meals look very nice.

Yesterday was fun day.
    B - 1 egg, 3 bacon, coffee with coconut oil
    L - Ham and cheese omelet, hash browns, 2 squares dark chocolate
    D - went out and had salmon, asparagus, wild rice, red wine

As for the rice and potatoes, those are occasional eats, and I usually only eat maybe 1/2 a cup of them. Just enought to complement my other food, not over power it.

Exercise was golf.

I do have to say, though not a strict food day, it was nothing like what I use to eat...bagels, sandwiches, fries, pizza. And the portions have downsized naturally. It is so good not to feel over stuffed from over eating.

So today was pretty cool. Had the day off, so went shopping, i.e. moving slowly for hours. Then cooked this amazing scicillian pizza. Only other food today was eggs and cheese. Such a relaxing day.
    Off in the morning to LHT.
    Stuff I Make My Husband: The Great Pizza Experiment of 2011: Sicilian-style pizza

Another great day. LHT and sprints this morning. Mushroom soup and BLT salad for lunch. Love the fresh tomatoes!
    Then resting in the breezy sun. So nice!
    Dinner out, probably fish, salad, rice and wine.
    Then star gazing....meteor shower!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleofan View Post
    So today was pretty cool. Had the day off, so went shopping, i.e. moving slowly for hours. Then cooked this amazing scicillian pizza. Only other food today was eggs and cheese. Such a relaxing day.
    Off in the morning to LHT.
    Stuff I Make My Husband: The Great Pizza Experiment of 2011: Sicilian-style pizza
    I find I have more energy and quite often go out of an evening to have a walk round the shops. Beats sitting around the house.
    I've been the gym today to do heavy weights, out in the afternoon to a seaside resort 10 miles away for lunch and a walk.. Then an hrs retail therapy about 4pm.
    I so love the weekend.
    Your pizza sounds rather nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast