Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grass fed beef organic? page 2

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ecole66 View Post
    Yup many farmers are "country bumpkins" that can't read are probably smelly and dirty to. When was the last time you were even 10 miles outside of a city?
    I was being facetious, of course! Based on previous posts, I believe OP started this thread to do a little pro-vegetarian trolling. Lighten up. I grew up on a 7 acre truck farm. We grew all of our own food, including chickens and eggs. We had family members who had bigger farms where we slaughtered hogs and beef-made our own scrapple, sausage and rendered our own lard.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbalch View Post
    I buy lamb, beef and chicken from three different local farmers. I have visited all of their farms. I trust them because I know them. They are not certified organic. I don't care.
    That's the way to do it. Know your farmer, know your food.

Organic certification is an investment that allows a producer to sell for hella bux to people who don't look beyond the label.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    "Shake the hand that feeds you." Is one of the sayings going around in the slow foods movement. I heartily agree!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    What does organic certification mean in the US then? In the UK, meat can't be certified organic unless all its feed is organically produced also. (And at least 60% of the feed of grazing animals must be grass from the farm the animals live on.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12