Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im baffled! page

seng is offline Junior Member

Red face Im baffled!

Shop Now
    Im a lurker,might have posted 1 or 2 times, but i really am baffled as to why my scales wont budge, i dont use them regularly and have always hated them , anyway been primal since jan i've gotten smaller and lots comments like "gosh what happened to you", last time before today i went on scale was around feb i think, i just finished whole 30 which i followed religiously, tum looks way flatter and abs visible, face thinner,bum and thighs too, can fit in jeans i havent in years so i got excited thinking finally have lost weight but nop! not even a pound.

my bf made me stand on scale while he looked because he thought i was joking that i havent lost anything while he lost 12lb in 30 days

anyone in similar situation? i sprint, am very strong,lht and crossfit 2x a wk, i know muscle weighs more than fat but why not even a lb or 2 ?

come on people talk to me

Vega is offline Member
    It sounds like you've lost fat and gained muscle. If you're looking great and now have visible abs, then why does it matter what the scale says?

thanks Vega its just that weight lose being what brought me here, and reading about most people have lost i'm just wondering why no scale movement even a bit, yes you are right i have lost soooo much fat i like how i look those who have seen me in a while wants to go on my "diet"

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    It is easier said than done, but ignore the scale and pay attention to your measurements instead! You are getting lean, by your own admission - glory in that. Good job so far! Concentrate on whether you are getting stronger and leaner and happier and healthier. It really sounds like you gained muscle as you dropped the fat - hooray for strong chicks!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    For me, whether it's fat or muscle, the scale moves relative to my size. In other words, I don't buy the whole "you have muscle so you weigh more" thing. I know it works for some people but not for me. If my muscle turns to fat, I don't get lighter, I get heavier. If my fat turns to muscle, I don't get heavier, I get lighter. If I get bigger the scale goes up. If I get smaller the scale goes down. So I'm on your side: if you were me, the scale should have moved down.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The fact is, you don't mention your height or weight. This is usually because you are not overweight to begin with, but like to think you're fat. It's too early in this thread to cry "eating disorder", but if you can SEE YOUR ABS then cheer up. You've already won the war. Pick something else to worry about now.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    The fact is, you don't mention your height or weight. This is usually because you are not overweight to begin with, but like to think you're fat. It's too early in this thread to cry "eating disorder", but if you can SEE YOUR ABS then cheer up. You've already won the war. Pick something else to worry about now.
    you made me laugh loud im over weight must lose good 20lb but will be happy with 15lb, i've never really had a huge tummy even at my fattest, always bum and thighs

Thank you all

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    I lost only 3 lbs but took 3 inches off of my waist and added a bit of ab definition. That was enough for me realize the scale is only one factor and not enough for me to worry about.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the others, ignore the scale! What is your height and weight if you're so adamant you need to lose? I know I have at least 15-20lbs I need to lose because I'm 5'4" 180lbs. If you're a similar height but weigh 130lbs, you don't need to lose weight. Focus on getting strong and the other benefits of Primal living.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    If you can see you abs then you do not need to lose any more weight. Period.

Knifegill said it was to early in the thread to cry eating disorder, and it was till you said you want to lose 20lbs even though you are already very lean.

If you have 20lbs of fat on your thighs and a 6-pack you are a medical abnormality - seek help.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast