Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Horizon TV Program page

Crofter is offline Member

Horizon TV Program

Shop Now
    Hi All

For those of us in the UK there is a Horizon program on BBC2 on Monday 6th August (tomorrow) called:- Eat, Fast & live longer. It is about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting, could be interesting though it's not related to Primal/paleo.
    Article about it here

Dave

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Cheers for the heads up

No doubt it will be on you tube soon afterwards, most horizons are there if you look.

Michael Mosley has done some very interesting programms over the years, he did one a few years ago about losing weight - no mention of low carb if I remember right, but things like observing that feeding a bunch of TA soilders the same food, but one lot had it blitzed into a soup, the soup eaters were full for longer?!? Then there was the Truth about excersise one recently. I would not be suprised if he does a primal/paleo one soon, his reseach into diet, excersie and IF is bound to have made him aware of ancenteral eating.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Yes, it's been an interesting series of programs. Did you see the three parter of "The Men Who Made us Fat"? Quite an expose of HFCS and the way profit and marketing are way ahead of any health concerns.

I did there was a huge thread/debate on that series while it was on, it's still on you-tube for those that missed it.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    My boss was talking to someone really high up in the NHS, someone to do with nutrition policy and asked her what the officials had made of TMWMUF.
    They just said its an American problem with the corn fructose, makes you wonder if by had even bothered watching it.
    In my job I work with academics who do research papers on public health. I was discussing with one of them a few weeks ago re the obesity epidemic and that I thought the paleo lifestyle was a solution. He just looked at me as if I was mad and started going on about the Mediterranean Diet is the healthiest.

HFCS -> Glucose syrup, inverted glucose syrup, dextrose, same type of shit, different name IMHO, and there is plenty of that type of crap in UK food.

I think the only reason we don't have some much of the HFCS is that I don't think we have the climate to grow corn and get huge surpluses like in the USA, so we (ie food companies not me personally) use what ever else is cheap.

Supercell is offline Junior Member
    Excellent! I hate fasting it must be said, but if its going to add years to my life I think i'm going to start loving it

I've tried alternate day fasting before and found it quite easy once you get into it. Maximum of 500 calories a day is considered a fasting day which is not too bad. I now find it easier though to fast from say 9pm one evening until 1 or 2pm the next with no food, just drinks. Twice a week works for me.
    I've let that slip recently but think I'll try to get back to it as I'm at a sort of plateau of 14st7lb and would like to get to 14 st.
    Started from 17st7lb at Xmas so I'm not panicking about it.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Just watched on catch up the Horizon on skin ageing.
    The anti ageing expert said to eat fatty fish and colourful veg which I expected but she also said don't eat bread, pasta and rice.
    They also said sugar had a big impact and contributed to ageing.
    Rather pleased, that I am already eating e correct diet.

It's nice when science reinforces what we're doing. I suspect science rubbishes it just as often but I choose to ignore them1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast