Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horizon TV Program page 3

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I missed most of it but there's always iPlayer when I get back off holiday.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Haruko is offline Junior Member
    I may send an email as well, I'd really love to see an episode, mostly because I know my mum will take on board what they are saying.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    This show inspired me to try 5/2 fasting. So, yesterday, all I ate was a few ounces of strawberries with some almond milk (blended), some mushroom soup (clear, not cream), and coffee with creamer. <300 cals and got one of my days this week out of the way. Since I'm not hungry this morning, I may start this regime with the two fast days together.

No hunger pangs, most likely since I often eat only one/two extended meals in the evening. At one point I thought, "Oh crap, I forgot to defrost something for dinner. Oh yeah, I'm fasting."

It sure makes washing the dishes easier. heh.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    So what they went to a fast food joint on feed day. That's the point - you can eat whatever you want. Would I spend every feed day at a fast food joint - no. But if I felt like some junk food, cheat meal whatever I can have it.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I also think you have to accept that that is a small study and eating junk may not work for everyone. I have a friend that has lost a lot of weight on a low carb diet of some kind, not sure which route she followed but there was a lot of pretend food involved (she felt the need to break her relationship with food) she now follows a day of eating bugger all but salad and a day of eating what she wants, and has put on 10lbs over 5 months, not a massive gain, but still a gain.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    I also think you have to accept that that is a small study and eating junk may not work for everyone. I have a friend that has lost a lot of weight on a low carb diet of some kind, not sure which route she followed but there was a lot of pretend food involved (she felt the need to break her relationship with food) she now follows a day of eating bugger all but salad and a day of eating what she wants, and has put on 10lbs over 5 months, not a massive gain, but still a gain.
    From Brad Pillon link re the feed day:
    " In this section Dr. Varaday* mentions that you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay withing your Calorie goals, notice Dr. Varaday says eat WHATEVER you want, not HOW MUCH you want, big distinction, and she’s absolutely correct"
    The 5/2 diet Intermittent fasting my review | Brad Pilon&#039;s &#039;Eat Blog Eat&#039;

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's funny, but I wasn't even interested in the whole weight gain/loss aspect. I was way more impressed with the blood markers and BMI results.

This documentary, coupled with another that's also available at youtube in its entirety (The Men Who Made Us Fat) kept me busy for a few hours, and is a great brain reset if/when you're wondering if all of this is worth it. For me, if eating clean screws the Agribusiness/government complex out of even one dollar, I'm a happy camper.

If I live to 100 doing it, all the better.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    From Brad Pillon link re the feed day:
    " In this section Dr. Varaday* mentions that you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay withing your Calorie goals, notice Dr. Varaday says eat WHATEVER you want, not HOW MUCH you want, big distinction, and she’s absolutely correct"
    The 5/2 diet Intermittent fasting my review | Brad Pilon's 'Eat Blog Eat'
    Aye, that is not the way it was sold in the programme though
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's funny, but I wasn't even interested in the whole weight gain/loss aspect. I was way more impressed with the blood markers and BMI results.

This documentary, coupled with another that's also available at youtube in its entirety (The Men Who Made Us Fat) kept me busy for a few hours, and is a great brain reset if/when you're wondering if all of this is worth it. For me, if eating clean screws the Agribusiness/government complex out of even one dollar, I'm a happy camper.

If I live to 100 doing it, all the better.
    Glad you can watch The Men Who Made Us Fat in the US. It makes you realize it is all about money. Well I knew that anyway but it reinforces it.
    My boss was on that program criticizing the Food Policy in the UK Government -yeah. Although he is not Paleo, he believes in a Mediterranean Diet, he is against sugar and junk food etc so he is one of the good guys. Think he thinks I am a bit mad when I tell him that I have benefited so much from Paleo. Who knows he may start to see the light eventually.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Michael Mosely is one serious dude. I'm a big fan of his, for sure. He has excellent communication skills IMO, i.e. he is a natural at popularising science and narrating documentaries in this vein.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123