Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horizon TV Program page 2

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It was interesting to watch as it was in the mainstream media but some of the features were very extreme.

I am sure food companies sponsor these types of programs.

Alternate day eating with a trip to the Drive thru fast food joint on your day of feeding!

The last 15 mins where he actually tried a plausible approach (Brad Pilons approach) and lost weight and felt a ton better was interesting though and has been my personal experience.

These programs could be made a lot more informative though rather than sensationalist!

Ukprimalchick is offline Junior Member
    Did nobody pick up on the message that we should still be eating low fat, and much lower protein though? Particularly in relation to reducing igf1 and thus reducing risk of cancer and heart disease.

madog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukprimalchick View Post
    Did nobody pick up on the message that we should still be eating low fat, and much lower protein though?.
    I wonder what it needs reducing to? That part about going into a fast food place...c'mon... for real!

Haruko is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, my mum was super harassing me to watch that show, I said I think they have some of it right about IF but I got annoyed after the guy started peeling the apple and chucking the rest away. I left to do some other things and she mentioned what they'd about lowering protein...which made me pretty dubious as well as them banging on about calorie restriction. She was adamant that I should watch and it.

threelions is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    It was interesting to watch as it was in the mainstream media but some of the features were very extreme.

I am sure food companies sponsor these types of programs.

Alternate day eating with a trip to the Drive thru fast food joint on your day of feeding!

The last 15 mins where he actually tried a plausible approach (Brad Pilons approach) and lost weight and felt a ton better was interesting though and has been my personal experience.

These programs could be made a lot more informative though rather than sensationalist!
    It's BBC so publicly funded no adverts or sponsors allowed. Going to the fast food place was just a way to show it didn't matter about high or low fat the results were the same.

Until he does a program on Paleo/Primal you're always going to have a certain amount of low fat bias as its so programmed into people's minds.

madog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by threelions View Post
    Until he does a program on Paleo/Primal you're always going to have a certain amount of low fat bias as its so programmed into people's minds.
    Wonder if its worth emailing BBC\Horizon to do a Primal slant?

threelions is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madog View Post
    Wonder if its worth emailing BBC\Horizon to do a Primal slant?
    Been thinking the same thing. Here's his twitter might be worth contacting him there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/DrMichaelMosley

I'm on the IPad but I assume the link works the same.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Brad Pilon's review of it:
    The 5/2 diet Intermittent fasting my review | Brad Pilon's 'Eat Blog Eat'
    Haven't read it yet. Just saw in my inbox.

Re the comment above on low protein and low fat - Low protein is beneficial. Chris Masterjohn did a low protein vegan diet I think for 2 weeks and it got rid of warts on his hands. When you low protein all dead proteins etc scavenged/recycled from body.
    Just low fat on the fast days.

You Tube of Horizon fasting program:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...6&feature=plcp

Add: Brad Pilon thought it was good but he would have added resistance training to the protocol.
    Last edited by Sue; 08-07-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Very interesting I thought. The low protien wasn't really looked into enough for my liking, but it did imply that the fasting dealt with the lowering of the protien as the desired effect of lowering that insulin like hormone thingy was achieved through his 2 out of 7 fasting programme, and he was basically eating what ever the hell he liked on the other days.

I will at some point contact him to ask him to do a programme on primal style eating as I think it would interest him. I would be interested to see if there are futher benifits from eating clean and fasting, I'm sure there are.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by threelions View Post
    It's BBC so publicly funded no adverts or sponsors allowed. Going to the fast food place was just a way to show it didn't matter about high or low fat the results were the same.

Don't forget that the BBC have a huge global arm that raises billions mainly from commercials and advertisers.

I think with Paleo and Fasting you have the best of both worlds personally and high protein has never really agreed with me anyway, just a balanced and clean diet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast