Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are there homosexuals? page 5

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And there is a TEST for it...
    Kinsey Scale Test

Incidentally, I scored a 3... "Equally heterosexual and homosexual".
    Fairly accurate I'd say.
    I did not like that test. I scored a 5. Lol

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
    I did not like that test. I scored a 5. Lol
    At least you got a number. I got an X.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    I'm apparently a very unusual person =D
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

patski is offline Senior Member
    Did the Kinsey quiz.

I'm a very unusual person. BUAHAHAHA! But I already knew that.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    um... no. Even a rectal exam is, well... unpleasant. And they're using extra lube!
    That's like comparing intercourse to a pap smear. Quite a different experience, in my opinion!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Paleobird Guest
    I scored a 2, predominantly but not exclusively hetero. But I knew that. It's what someone on the last thread we had on this topic called "hetero-flexible". I thought that was a good term.

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    This is my feeling. What's the point in "explaining" either homosexuality, bisexuality or heterosexuality? It just is what it is, and in my opinion, the only point in "explaining" it would be to attempt to influence behavior in one direction or the other. In my mind, that's neither practical nor ethical.
    You can make the same argument about anything. What is the point of theoretical physics? Why study the origins of the universe? Why not just dance and play and never think about anything to hard? The existence of homosexuality is a mystery of evolutionary biology. Like any scientific mystery, attempting to figure it out is rewarding and fun.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Go Team 3!

Interestingly, most of my relationships have been with men despite my sexual orientation, mostly because of the complexities of figuring out whether other women are friendly or something more and the relative implications of dating men vs. women (including biphobia I've encountered with some lesbians). It's sort of my bi-girl curse--it's sometimes easier to be invisible because I'm with a guy, but I also don't want my sexual orientation to vanish because I'm in a het relationship.

I'm far more polar on the monogamy/non-monogamy continuum than on the sexual one. Women, men, doesn't matter that much to me, but I really only want to date one at a time, thanks.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
    You can make the same argument about anything. What is the point of theoretical physics? Why study the origins of the universe? Why not just dance and play and never think about anything to hard? The existence of homosexuality is a mystery of evolutionary biology. Like any scientific mystery, attempting to figure it out is rewarding and fun.
    Never think about anything too hard?

Yeah, never said that knowledge was a waste of time. I just said I didn't want to spend MY time and money on figuring out why some people are gay and others are straight. I just don't care why for a multitude of reasons. People are what they are, and I don't really care why because I can't see how it would change anyone's life in the long run.

That does NOT mean that I want to "dance and play and never think about anything to (sic) hard". It means I have different priorities. That's all. Sorry if they aren't the same as yours. That's most likely because I'm not you. Why am I not like you? I don't care.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Go Team 3!

Interestingly, most of my relationships have been with men despite my sexual orientation, mostly because of the complexities of figuring out whether other women are friendly or something more and the relative implications of dating men vs. women (including biphobia I've encountered with some lesbians). It's sort of my bi-girl curse--it's sometimes easier to be invisible because I'm with a guy, but I also don't want my sexual orientation to vanish because I'm in a het relationship.

I'm far more polar on the monogamy/non-monogamy continuum than on the sexual one. Women, men, doesn't matter that much to me, but I really only want to date one at a time, thanks.
    This. All of it. In spades. And since I've emigrated I'm faced with everyone here assuming I'm straight, fair enough really, because I'm married. It seems utterly pointless to out myself, but it's also such an annoying asumption.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast