Thread: question about bodyweight squats page

mrexec1986 is offline Junior Member

question about bodyweight squats

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a quick question on bodyweight squats. After performing them, what muscles should a person be feeling it the most if done the proper way? I can feel it a little in my glutes after working out, but I feel it the most in my quads.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Sounds about right to me, I think it depends on how deep you go. I've progresses to the point when I'm almost to the floor and I feel that in my glutes more than when I wasn't going much below sitting in a chair sort off height.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Also, a shoulder width stance will hit quads more, while a wider stance (like sumo squats) will
    hit glutes more.

In any event, remember to push through the heels of your feet on the ascent....

Julie

jakey is offline Senior Member
    this definitely depends on stance, but if you don't feel anything in your glutes and hams, and your adductors feel like they took a vacation, something aint right.

mrexec1986 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    this definitely depends on stance, but if you don't feel anything in your glutes and hams, and your adductors feel like they took a vacation, something aint right.
    Yeah this morning I did squats with a weighted backpack and I can definitely feel it more in the glutes and quads. I also did burpees in tabata intervals yesterday and could definitely feel it afterwards. For those of you that do tabata interval burpees, how many can you do in the 20 second period? I am just curious as I would like to compare my results to others. I was getting in around 5 to 6 or so until about the last 3 sets as I was getting pretty worn out.