Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Durian rider is pretty douchey, but page

Karma33 is offline Member

Durian rider is pretty douchey, but

Shop Now
    I have seen this guy criticizing paleo/primal diets and advocating a raw vegan lifestyle. I, personally could not imagine feeling full eating a raw vegan diet. Maybe i am wrong? It seems to me that most raw vegan types are usually naturally thin people that are generally disinterested in food. I think it is most natural that we evolved to eat animal proteins and fat, vegetables, fruits and nuts. Outside of the supposed ethical argument, i cannot understand why anyone would not eat animal sources of fat and protein. It is way more satisfying than any vegan food, and more nutritionally dense.

But, to be fair to this angry vegan, maybe I should do primal for a period of time, see how I look, feel, and perform, then do the same with raw vegan diet. But, i really dont want to eat that way, and vegans are so annoying. What do you guys think? Anyone willing to try it. I really dont think i could last a day eating that way, but?

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I think you should delete this thread and never mention his name again. It's like summoning a hoard of angry weasels every time someone brings up his name.

That is funny. I have not been around long enough to see the other threads about the guy. He really seems like the ultimate vegan douche, but to be fair, maybe he should do primal, and we should do angry douche diet(oops, i mean raw vegan) and we should compare and contrast. Or , maybe not necessarily me, but maybe some of u guys, and I will follow with interest?

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Durianrider is a zealot and an idealist. Keep that in mind when watching his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma33 View Post
    But, i really dont want to eat that way, and vegans are so annoying.
    Then don't do it, and don't be one.

What do you guys think? Anyone willing to try it. I really dont think i could last a day eating that way, but?
    I think there's a small percentage of the population that thrives on raw veganism, a slightly larger set that thrive on regular veganism, and an even larger set that thrive on vegetarianism. And I think an overwhelming number of us do great on paleo/primal.

Maybe you're one of those "lucky" few who does great on raw veganism. Is it sustainable on your budget and in your neck of the woods? Will your life be more awesome with it? Can you really stuff that many goddamn bananas down your throat a day? If the answer is no, then why force your body and/or paycheck to do something it doesn't want to?

But if you're insanely curious, then yeah -- give it a go. 30 days won't kill you. Personally, I'd get sick of it within 48 hours. Eating all the fruit I want might be awesome at first, but eventually it gets boring and I'd want a steak. Mmm. Steak.

Good luck.

No, i am not curious. I could not ever imagine eating that way. My post was meant kinda sarcastically. But, i would be interested to see if anyone else wants to be a guinea pig and could report back to the rest of us. Is there anyone here that would like to eat raw veggies and fruit, no to little fat, no meat, no butter, maybe some avocado, and then compare and contrast their results. It could be an exercise in objectivity. Any takers? We might be able to have an exchange student program with some Vegan zealots on his blog.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm just gonna read the headline and state.....there is no but.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I did the vegan shtick for about 3 months. Broke it off with a 24 ounce T-Bone.....never went back. I've already compared the results.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I ate a raw vegan diet for about a year (was vegetarian/vegan for 12 years total). And then my hair started falling out and my toenails cracked and fell off. Oh, and I am not by any means a naturally thin person. So that is how I ended up finding paleo, I liked having hair and toenails. Really, eating raw vegan is tough. It seems like you have to be ALWAYS eating to not be hungry. Obviously I don't agree that it's a long-term healthy way to eat, and I think nearly all of the extreme advocates of it are total crackpots. Really, there are only two good things I can say about it. 1) I always had a super energetic, almost buzzed feeling while eating raw. Not natural at all, but I felt crazy energetic, almost like I was on a stimulant or something. 2) I am really glad I did that because it makes the concept of not eating certain foods to be paleo like no big deal. I mean, I got to add a lot of food back in switching from low fat raw vegan to paleo.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    i would be interested to see if anyone else wants to be a guinea pig and could report back to the rest of us. Is there anyone here that would like to eat raw veggies and fruit, no to little fat, no meat, no butter, maybe some avocado, and then compare and contrast their results.
    Now why in the hell would I do that!?!

I already did my research and what I am doing makes sense to me, so why would I go and try something that does not make sense to me? If I'm going to do something that doesn't make sense, I am going to eat potato chips, not raw vegies. Duh.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    ummm, already did it for a year. read my post above. i think others here have done it as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast