Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Durian rider is pretty douchey, but page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    All the raw vegans I see down at the co-op are eating as if they are totally starved. I swear they have a way of eating that's intense. Most people feel great on a raw vegan diet at first because their body is enjoying the rich saturated fat of their own adipose tissue. It is nearly impossible to eat enough on a raw vegan diet. Take a look at this:
    The Calorie Paradox of Raw Veganism
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    I tinkered with raw veganism. Felt great, but just wasn't my thing. I ate lots of avocados and nuts enjoyed eating that way, but I just enjoy eating in general. I got a little (a lot) turned off by all the grey raw vegans with sunken in eyes I was meeting. I do think there are a very few who can and do thrive on that diet, and I think that diet may be a good healing diet for some conditions, but outside of that I don't think it serves most people.

However, to the OP, why not do your own science experiment? It's fun to be a science experiment, lol.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    30Douchebag is a misinformed, lying, slanderous asshole. Seriously, he has nothing to offer. He is insignificant.

I may be one of those who you think should "lighten up on fruitboy"...after listening to him lie and slander people I have concluded the dude is just an (delusional) asshole. He gives no respect therefore he deserves no respect. I have had my comments banned on his YouTube videos, the dude is a control freak who pimps his girlfriend on the net.
    Last edited by Moochy; 08-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

tarek is offline Senior Member
    I think the people who get strung out over Durianrider need to lighten up. I don't really care for his style much, and I think insulting everyone is as lame as it gets, but he's not going to stop any time soon. Plenty of people, such as Daniel Vitalis, have tried to get him to play fair, but this just seems to elicit an even louder response from him.

He does, however, make an excellent reference for anyone who thinks carbohydrate --> insulin --> fat storage. He eats 5,000+ calories per day from sugary fruits, and, contrary to popular belief, does not spend his entire existence burning it off. I have little interest in following 80/10/10 (I like eggs, coconuts, butter, and meat), but he is a great example of how carbohydrates do not make people fat.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    I think the people who get strung out over Durianrider need to lighten up. I don't really care for his style much, and I think insulting everyone is as lame as it gets, but he's not going to stop any time soon. Plenty of people, such as Daniel Vitalis, have tried to get him to play fair, but this just seems to elicit an even louder response from him.

He does, however, make an excellent reference for anyone who thinks carbohydrate --> insulin --> fat storage. He eats 5,000+ calories per day from sugary fruits, and, contrary to popular belief, does not spend his entire existence burning it off. I have little interest in following 80/10/10 (I like eggs, coconuts, butter, and meat), but he is a great example of how carbohydrates do not make people fat.
    I find that one of the way to read through various positions and arguments is to read through the opposition to them. Here's the people who are not a fan of 30 bananas a day.

Given his track record of lying, I don't think that he is a great example of anything.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    He says he eats 2500 calories for breakfast. Maybe he eats a shitload of of calories to stay full and that for some reason he jever gets fat because maybe when you only eat fruit you'll always look malnourished and skinny.
    I also want to try it for a week or 2, to see if my digestion problems disappear. ButI'm not going to do it because I would literally have to eat all the time and my house has to be completely stocked with fruit.
    Billie trips balls

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    He eats 100% primal (bananas and greens), we should embrace him as our own.
    He's a pretty entertaining character. I'm kind of surprised he's still going so strong, he's been at it relentlessly for years with almost daily video's. lol

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    He's a pretty entertaining character. I'm kind of surprised he's still going so strong, he's been at it relentlessly for years with almost daily video's. lol
    He is very enthusiastic! Gets kudos for devotion on a couple of paleo blogs, so I agree with your take on it

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Not necessarily. If he eats so little fat, which the body needs, any fat that is being created by his high carb/fructose diet is being reconsumed. So he's basically cannibalizing himself.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Btw, what is the guy trying to accomplish? He hardly talks about the benefits of raw vegan. He only attacks the primal diet. If he actually wants to accomplish something for example convert primal people to raw vegan then he's not doing it the right way. You just can't take him serious this way unless you're already a vegan yourself
    Billie trips balls

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast