Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I might need some help from you guys page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sometimes if I find carbs creeping back (for me it's usually fruits, but any over carbing can make me hungry), I take a day or two to just eat meat, fish, eggs, and cheese. That generally takes care of urges to binge. I don't do it long term, just to the point where I'm not wanting to suck down a whole watermelon or two pounds of giant strawberries (or chocolate covered raisins).

Sugar (and other carbs) with the comforting fat that some snacks have is truly addictive to some of us. Better to just dump it like an alcoholic who ditches booze.

Pincuid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    just to the point where I'm not wanting to suck down a whole watermelon
    Uh...watermelon is my weakness in the fruit world. When we were kids (I grew up in Romania) we used to eat bits of watermelon with feta cheese I know it sounds like a strange combination but when you actually try it it's really really awesome.

Anyway, will try not to eat as much fruit as I do, but at the moment it's hard since at my workplace they bring a GIANT fruit platter every morning because they want people to get their "Five a day" and put it close to where I sit, so everyone can have some. So during the workday I will most likely have a banana, orange and about 10 grapes JUST because they're there. Maybe I'll ask them to put it somewhere else, out of sight, out of mind

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pincuid View Post
    Uh...watermelon is my weakness in the fruit world. When we were kids (I grew up in Romania) we used to eat bits of watermelon with feta cheese I know it sounds like a strange combination but when you actually try it it's really really awesome.

Anyway, will try not to eat as much fruit as I do, but at the moment it's hard since at my workplace they bring a GIANT fruit platter every morning because they want people to get their "Five a day" and put it close to where I sit, so everyone can have some. So during the workday I will most likely have a banana, orange and about 10 grapes JUST because they're there. Maybe I'll ask them to put it somewhere else, out of sight, out of mind
    Could you ask them to include some veggies on there instead? Cut up brocolli, carrots, cauliflower, snap peas, etc. I would think that would keep pretty well too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12