Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Vitamin Supplementation page

jtrain_36 is offline Member

Multi-Vitamin Supplementation

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!

I'm currently taking vitamin D, Calcium, and Vitamin B complex supplements and after doing some research would like to add some Vitamin K2 to the mix. First off, is there any such multi-vitamin that combines all, or at least most of these?

Secondly, I'm still confused about what form of K2 is preferable. Help there would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Why are you taking so many supplements? I guess I'm of the opinion that our vitamins should come from food (except vitamin D, which I do supplement with on occasion). I track everything I eat in Cronometer, which shows vitamin intake. With the exception of vitamin D, I seem able to get plenty of quantities of vitamins from whole foods.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i take d3, k2 and magnesium. i also eat bone broth most days, so am thinking i can start to reduce the magnesium supplement.

thorne research sells a combo d3/k2 as well as liquid drops of k2.

unless you're eating a lot of organs, fermented cheese, natto and pastured eggs it's tough to get enough k2.

run your food through a tracker. you probably don't need the calcium and b supps.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

mystifiedu is offline Member
    okay I would suggest you try red reishi mushroom supplement and you can gradually as you finish them cut most of the other supplements out.I looked this up and here is a link for you for starters---- WHY IS GANODERMA SO GOOD TO TAKE ?---- this is only for the nutritional information this site provides not for endorsing this brand, please note that-- I myself take a different brand and not this one
    Last edited by mystifiedu; 08-04-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    run your food through a tracker. you probably don't need the calcium and b supps.
    Yeah I guess the B vitamin is just left over from days I thought it was necessary, I'm sure I can stop that. What would be some whole food sources of calcium? I'm not drinking milk or eating any other dairy for that matter, I figured the calcium was necessary to take.

Thanks for all the replies. Any advice regarding types of K2?

Thanks

here are the paleo friendly sources that cronometer says have calcium: lambs quarters, kale, spinach, salmon, turnip greens, sardines and collard greens.

and hey, it looks like vitamin K is in almost all the same things as calcium, so you get a twofer with the above items.

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrain_36 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Any advice regarding types of K2?
    Thanks
    The science surrounding K2 and whether MK-4 or MK-7 is preferable is still quite primitive. MK-4 is the type your body can produce from K1. As far as supplementation or diet goes, High Grade Butter Oil, Natto, and Goose Liver are probably the three best sources by far.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    Why are you taking so many supplements? I guess I'm of the opinion that our vitamins should come from food (except vitamin D, which I do supplement with on occasion). I track everything I eat in Cronometer, which shows vitamin intake. With the exception of vitamin D, I seem able to get plenty of quantities of vitamins from whole foods.

What is RDA anyway? Do you trust government "research"?
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast