Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Bluechip page

bluechip is offline Member

Primal Journal Bluechip

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 34ish...I went primal on July 1st, today is August 3rd. (4th technically since it's past midnight, but that doesnt count in my book)

So far this is working. I figured starting a journal was the next logical step to keep me "On track"

Diet is good, but living out of a hotel in Mexico has been presenting some unique challenges.

Workouts and Primal exercise are going and although fun, I am a bit sore from not working out in well, forever.

I like being outdoors, and love to do stuff like white water rafting, rock climbing, and swim. I however, and very out of shape for these things as my last rafting/climbing adventure ended up with a sprained ankle and a few cracked ribs... I think I am out of shape because I love to watch movies and cook. I love to read, usually non-fiction/business type stuff.

I am engaged to a wonderful, beautiful, talented, smart and loving girl, KP. We are getting married in October. (I will probably end up sharing her artwork throughout this journal as she sends me sketches every day!)

I am not sure how I stumbled onto the primal lifestyle. I signed up for the emails and after the first 7, downloaded the 101 pdf. After reading the 101, I thought I would peek around on here. After a bit, finally signed up for the forum and here we go. I firmly believe in supporting the people who impact my life, hence I bought the book. I agreeded with Mark in just about everything, so I think I might buy a few books and give them out as gifts. (Thoughts? I did this with Dave Ramsey books a while back with mixed responses. Dave Ramsey is a great read on financial stuff, but I think some people in my family took it the wrong way.)

I recently also purchased the 90 day journal. I promise I will not let that collect dust. (Please hold me to this) For a "primal journal" it is a very pretty book. I almost feel bad writing it in. If I get the chance to talk to Mark some day, I'll let him know the journal should have been made of parchment and bound by the hide of some animal!

Planned future posts: (In no particular order)
    Cardio in Mexico - How to survive a cartel shootout
    LHT - The VW Beetle that parked me in.
    Eating and Shopping, NOT in your language (Fun times in the grocery store)
    Micheladas - Poor Grok never got to try one. (Vices)
    Primal grilling - As taught to kids in Mexico (How to host a Carne Asada)
    ...and many more

Well, this is where we end post 1. Saludos!
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

So last night after a few beers, and needing to sober up, I drank about 6oz glass of orange soda. I haven't had soda since July 1st. Maybe this isn't a big deal, but I feel I screwed up. I deserve to be hung over and have this guility "I know I cheated" feeling. Following a primal diet, my 80/20 split is actually not so bad. My 20% non-primal stuff is ususally beer and micheladas or the occasional dark choclate, assuming I am around/under my target caloric intake for the day, I am OK with it. This morning taking a long shower just couldn't wash the dirty feeling away.
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Since I've been living in a hotel the better part of the last two years. I have invented a stair climbing workout. I haven't decided whether to call it the laundry climber circuit or laundry stair sprints. Basically, take stairs to get coins. take stairs to get laundry from room. take stairs back to laundry. start laundry, do all stairs in hotel 5 times and then it's time to swap laundry! (I am on the 5th floor of a 10 story hotel) 45 minutes later swap and repeat!
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Bought a pair of Vibrams yesterday and did 10 flights of stairs in them. They are going to take some time to get aclimated, but I can get used to this!
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

I think I have not been posting as much technicals as I have been ranting on random things, so here are some metrics to add to the Mix.

In my heaviest weight before dieting, I was 235lbs. Today I am sitting at 210. Bodyfat% has gone from 31% to 24%

I've been doing some bodyweight excercises and of course the PEM's, but I am not advancing as fast as I'd like. (I am sure in time, but it's just slow for me!!)

I would like to meet more primal people from Michigan. Currently most of my Primal friends are from online, however I really need to start convincing real friends to go primal!

Should I journal/blog more? I think the more I do the more motivated I am keep going. I am also posting at Myfitnesspal along with my tracking which is going really well!

Pictures. I need to post pictures. Perhaps when I stop living out of a hotel this can happen / become a reality.

I wonder if anybody is / has been reading this journal/blog?
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Ok, Today I did the PEMs and felt I could do a bit more. (I am a bit confined in the hotel room) so I started with some CC items. I followed this video:
    Convict Conditioning - Step 1 [No Audio] - YouTube

If I don't get out of here on the next flight, here is the next step:
    Convict Conditioning - Step 2 [No Audio] - YouTube

Some of these are hard to do from a hotel, but that is the goal
    Convict Conditioning - Step 3 [No Audio] - YouTube
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Yesterday was my birthday, I endulged for the first time since going primal. (It was cheesecake) I don't regret it as I have been 100% faithful. (I don't follow a 80/20 deal. I am all in) Yesterday I hit 210 carbs for the day, normally I max at 100, but it was my birthday, so I won't complain.

Anyways, back on track today and life goes on!
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Did a lot better today. Ready to finish the day with some quick Convict conditioning before bed.
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Great Macro day!!

Calories: 1831
    Carbs: 37
    Fats: 101
    Protein: 183

I think my protein should be a bit lower with a bit higher fat, but I am happy to see the carbs under 50! I had a rough carb day on my birthday, so almost fully recovered!

Tonight's workout consists of planks and wall stands... kinda simple, but fitting since I live in a jail cell at the Holiday Inn.
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

PaleoEric is offline Junior Member
    Hey Chris,
    Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone out there. I found your journal tonight right after making an entry in mine. It sounds like you're living an interesting life. I have my fair share of similar stories to tell in due time. Keep up the great work! I enjoy posting even if no one reads my stuff. It's therapeutic and I figure it gives me something to review later on. All the best!

Eric

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast