Thread: Sharing Success! page

StaceFace is offline Junior Member

Sharing Success!

Primal Fuel
    HUGE success story for me today, and it doesn't even have to do with me really!

I took a trip home a few weeks ago (after being primal-ish for about a month and religiously reading MDA), and talked to my sister about why grains are bad for us. She is a huge allergy sufferer and has been her whole life, even took spring break her senior year of high school to have nasal surgery to help alleviate the problems. Well, surprise, it didn't work, and at age 25 she's still suffering.

UNTIL TODAY.

I just talked to her and she told me that she ate no bread for 5 days, during which her allergies abated and she felt fantastic. Then the next 3 days she ate like "normal" and her allergies instantly flared up again. She said, and I quote, "No more bread for me for a loooong time!"

She might not be primal yet, but she just took a huge step to a better life, and I couldn't be more excited for her! This just goes to show that if we have friends and family who are suffering, we sometimes just need to plant the seed and let it do its work until they are ready to make a change.

Whose life have you helped change? Whose life would you like to help change?

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    It is stunning that physicians don't recommend some easy fixes first. Those results are dramatic.

StaceFace is offline Junior Member
    Agreed. And I think it's because there's still very little understanding among the general population (doctor's included) on the effects that gluten and lectin have on our bodies. My next goal is to get my boyfriend off grains, he's also a life long allergy sufferer, with asthma to boot.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    My ex wife's boss who I met at a party a couple of month's ago emailed her and said that he had lost 19 lbs by going on the Paleo diet and it was because of a discussion he had with me on the Paleo diet at the party. Its gratifying to know that a brief enthusiastic conversation can so positively impact someone's health.
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-15-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    I've "converted" both my Dad (age 86) and my BFF (age 81). Both are doing great, both have reversed "pre-diabetes", gotten off a bunch of meds and have way better BP #s. BFF has also lost a bunch of weight. (Dad didn't need to).

Moral of the story : It's never to late to make a change for the better.