Thread: New-ish to Primal page

scarabnight is offline Member

New-ish to Primal

Hi I'm Kelly.

I am 25 years old and 6 feet tall (which is normal in my family but based on the stares when I used go out in heels, this seems to not be the case for others )

I've been Primal for about two months now and have been lurking on MDA for most of that time. I am 95% primal but I do include good quality dairy in my diet from time to time, usually in coffee

I decided to try out Primal when I realized that even with my Synthroid (I'm hypothyroid) my weight kept increasing and my quality of life kept decreasing. I got sick of it and tried Paleo in January. I was good and followed it for about a month but then I fell out of it. Looking back on it now, I don't think that I had incorporated enough fat into my diet. Not long after that I came across MDA and decided to try again. I just finished month two and am feeling great. When a craving for junk comes along, I try to figure out what my body really needs and that pretty much does the trick.

I'm slowly incorporating more whole body exercises but in the mean time I take my dog to a nature preserve by my house and forest bathe... and climb the trees... it's fun, what can I say

I always have enjoyed cooking so now I am having a ball trying out new recipes and tinkering with them to make them better, stronger, faster.... you get the idea.
    ~Kelly

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"
    -John Muir

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome to the forum, sounds like your off to a good start :-)