Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling like utter crap: fat malabsorption transitioning into ketosis? page

patski is offline Senior Member

Feeling like utter crap: fat malabsorption transitioning into ketosis?

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys,

I'll try and keep this short.

I just had a blood test come back to see what kind of food allergies I have. I have a lot, it looks like. Since Monday, I've transitioned into a ketogenic diet consisting of bone broth, fatty meat, and little veg. I'm eating a lot more fat than I ever have.

I've been feeling ok...definitely experiencing carb flu like never before. But I'm surviving.

Wednesday night, I decided I hadn't pooped in a couple days, and I was feeling and looking bloated. I took a double dose of magnesium citrate.

As of 3:45am Thursday, I have not stopped pooping. It's liquid and yellow and something awful. I've lost count as to how many times I've had to RUN to the bathroom. I have abdominal cramping from hell, chills, and I'm achy all over.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2010; I realize through googling that this *may* be a bug I caught, or it could be something serious. But I'm also wondering: am I not equipped for a really high fat diet? I'm actually scared to eat more fat, because the pooping still hasn't stopped.

What do I do? Trying not to freak out over this. But it's hard.

Help me out guys!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Aw, 44 views and no replies?

C'mon man
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Are you taking bile salts and digestive enzymes since you've had your gallbladder removed?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you need to see a doctor right away. and you cannot do a ketogenic diet without a gallbladder. and you should never change your diet based on what an allergist tells you. but mostly - go see a doctor! do not rely on this forum, which should be used exclusively as a distraction while at work. not for real help or info.

Digestive enzymes are irritating to my stomach. I was taking them but they made me feel like crap.

I'm not seeing an allergist. I'm seeing a naturopathic doctor who's been doing this for almost 30 years. She also recommended I do not take enzymes at this point because I may have some gastritis. I actually feel worse taking them.

Doing more reading online today (paleoparents article on eating bacon without a gallbladder), and I have to add some veggies back to my diet. Meat and fat only is what caused this nonsense.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Oxboy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Aw, 44 views and no replies?

C'mon man
    Your poop description has us all speechless.

LOL! I wanted to put a warning in, but didn't have enough space.

Anyway, this is all my fault. I should have never cut out veggies, period. Just the ones I have a 'moderate' reaction to. But I was stupid and thought "Hey! Let's eat only meat and fat and see what happens!". This wasn't at the recommendation of my naturopath. It was all me. Looking through my food journal I've kept for a while now, I was doing *just freakin' fine* eating, fat, meat AND VEG. And had no symptoms to speak of later. Unless of course, it was a vegetable I'm allergic to, like kale. KALE!?! Sigh.

Stupid, so bloody stupid. I can't remember the last time I was this sick.

Sorry. This thread can die now. I've answered my own concerns.

*runs and hides*
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    you need to see a doctor right away. and you cannot do a ketogenic diet without a gallbladder. and you should never change your diet based on what an allergist tells you. but mostly - go see a doctor! do not rely on this forum, which should be used exclusively as a distraction while at work. not for real help or info.
    What is your reasoning behind this statement?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure this isn't just from the double dose of magnesium?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's what I was wondering-- a double dose of mag would have me pooping my guts out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast