Okay, thought I'd start a journal to help keep myself on track here! I started committing myself to the primal lifestyle about three weeks ago (closer to 2.5 I guess, I can't even remember which day it was that I just said "NO MORE" to the sugar and grains). I didn't weigh myself at the start, as I'd just had a really bad week doing a course where I bought horrible (but tasty ) food for lunch each day, and we had cakes and slices for morning and afternoon tea (not to mention the tea and coffee and sugar I was having several times a day). AWFUL! Anyways, I didn't weigh myself at the beginning cause I didn't want to know...

Fast forward to the Monday after I started, I weighed myself and was pleased to discover I was only 64.1kg (about 141lbs). I'd really thought I'd be at least 1.5kg higher. The next week I was a bit disheartened to learn I was up 200g (but it was that time of the month so maybe that's a reason??). I've yet to see what this week's results will be (I only weigh Monday morning). My clothes feel a wee bit looser, so that's a start. I'm worried I may be overdoing the calories though (too much fat!! I'm only very short, so I can easily go over what I need). My goal weight is about 45kg (100lbs). Yes, it SOUNDS quite light, but that for me is a BMI of 20, which is perfectly healthy (and it's where I was before I started putting on weight!).

That being said, I don't want to focus TOO much on the "numbers" as much as overall how I look and feel. I find the scale offers me a guideline as to how I'm going, but I'm also aware that muscle makes a difference. My scales are those ones that give you body fat% muscle weight etc. etc. so I also go by that (knowing that it's not completely accurate... but it gives a good rough estimate).

Tomorrow I will face my first challenge as my son is determined to go to Pizza Hut to celebrate his 14th birthday. I am trying to persuade him to go somewhere a little more primal friendly! (I'm trying to get him onto the primal bandwagon as well, as he's quite overweight, and following the normal CW just doesn't seem to help him... not surprising, for all that most kids his age can get away with a reasonably healthy CW diet).

So yeah, that's where I'm at... and I want to keep going with primal for the rest of my life (I don't see it as a temporary "diet" at all... but the way we're supposed to eat for optimal health). I hope along the way to see my health improve (for all that it's pretty darn good considering years of CW/low fat eating) as I get older, and I'd like to see my excess fat eventually come off so I can LGN!!