Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General hobby/craft making stuff thread page 3

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am a cabinet maker, I also make and sell medieval Bows and arrows occasionally.I make walking sticks, I do leather work and I am learning to make good slingshots.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Yeah, it was the fiddliness that kind of got to me. Not sure I'd want to make beads, as that might get to me as well, but pendants would be fun to do. Something like this, although the detail on this would take some practice. I've seen some neat rings as well.
    That's a very beautiful pendant with lovely organic shapes.

I can do the high-dexterity fiddly stuff but I have problems with strength in my fingers due to having hypermobile joints.

Hence, I can do life drawing in pencil/charcoal reasonably well, and can string beads.

And so, I doubt I have the ability to make shoes, as sbhikes does. I love her red shoes.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i mosaic skulls! I've only done 2 so far, working on a 3rd which i had to shelve temporarily due to condo upgrades. The flowered one didn't come out exactly how i thought it would, i might try that style again.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post

OMG, UTILIKILT! I WANT ONE!

And everything else, COOL! Pictures? I eventually want to do more actually making, as opposed to 'hacking'.

I just finished a small set of drawers last night. Corian top and bottom.

And I got the paint and rust off of the steel stool seat that I'm playing around with. Not sure what I'm going to do with it though, as the seat is fairly pitted. I like the raw steel look although I may bondo the center and paint it while doing the rest with a clear coat.

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    I knit, crochet, and spin. I sew and embroider a little. I make beaded rosaries, and jewelry recently as an outgrowth of the former. I have also made some of my own scientific equipment - very low-tech single-fill water samplers and anchored sediment traps.

cmlloyd Guest
    I Quilt
    1003002158.jpg
    this is actually the 6th quilt I have done I have been sewing for years and it has grown into machine embroidery and digitizing.

I am also into amature photography
    1183354824_EbE5B-O.jpg

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Photography is a hobby of mine.
    http:\\cloudysoul.deviantart.com\

I'm also a terrible sewer.
    (resizing a jacket back in 2008)

I used to have a 1974 VW Bug, so I now know how to do some basic mechanical work (changing tires, various fluids, changing drum brakes/part of drum brakes, how to check blown fuses, some basic electrical troubleshooting).

When I got it

Before I sold it
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I dig that car ... nice work. I would have kept the light blue/turquoise, personally speaking. I'm a big fan of VWs, and of the colour combo of orange and turquoise.

My current VW is light blue, carrying an orange and yellow hula-hoop on the back seats.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    i mosaic skulls! I've only done 2 so far, working on a 3rd which i had to shelve temporarily due to condo upgrades. The flowered one didn't come out exactly how i thought it would, i might try that style again.

These are stunning. The colours in the floral skull are perfectly pretty, exuberant and contradictory. Is Picasso an inspiration for these pieces?

I find the monochromatic skull very static, sinister and mask-like, and it reminds me of Donnie Darko.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I dig that car ... nice work. I would have kept the light blue/turquoise, personally speaking. I'm a big fan of VWs, and of the colour combo of orange and turquoise.

My current VW is light blue, carrying an orange and yellow hula-hoop on the back seats.
    That would have been nice, but the paint was all in terrible condition (and so was the fiberglass of the fenders). Also the hood was black. I was going to go pumpkin-inspired and have some black on it, but never got around to it. I also had some purple and leopard/zebra print seat covers
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast