Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Offal Week :) page 4

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is a great cookbook if you ever bought some offal with good intentions but then get it home and think, "What in the heck am I supposed to do with this?"

Amazon.com: Odd Bits: How to Cook the Rest of the Animal (9781580083348): Jennifer McLagan, Leigh Beisch: Books
    Ha! I think that pretty much every time I buy any offal
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

SuBee is offline Member
    I freeze pate without any oil or anything, just in a plastic container. It's been fine. It's never in there for more than a couple months, I suppose, which helps. (As opposed to the beef heart that I'm still trying to decide what to do with--must do something soon!)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuBee View Post
    I freeze pate without any oil or anything, just in a plastic container. It's been fine. It's never in there for more than a couple months, I suppose, which helps. (As opposed to the beef heart that I'm still trying to decide what to do with--must do something soon!)
    I make jerky and slow cooker stew with heart. Yumm.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Just cooked up one of my regular breakfast curries. This one is 4 lamb hearts, 2 beef kidneys, and two slabs of pork liver (heart and kidney cooked for 3 hours, liver stirred through right at the end so its still rare when reheated in microwave. Freeze it in batches. Will last me a couple of weeks. Last one was lamb brains and oxtail.

Can't say that I've noticed consequences above and beyond going primal. Figure its good for me and tastes a lot better than cereal
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I bought fresh chilled chicken livers at Whole Foods yesterday. The color of them was especially vibrant. The taste is better than what I'm used to. I did put half of them in the freezer, though.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I bought fresh chilled chicken livers at Whole Foods yesterday. The color of them was especially vibrant. The taste is better than what I'm used to. I did put half of them in the freezer, though.
    I just fried up some chicken livers as well. Mine were ordinary grocery store bought though. I noticed that one of them was really pale compared the others, so I chucked it. That couldn't have been a very healthy chicken!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234