Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Lalanne page

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

Jack Lalanne

Shop Now
    Just found this guy. Amazing. Thoughts?

Jack LaLanne - Feats and Honors

Karma is offline Senior Member
    What rock have you just crawled out from under (or are you 15 years old, the only other reason you wouldn't know who he is). He once told me that the best way to have a flat belly is to suck your belly in three seconds very hard as you pass through every door throughout the day. I tried it one day and my muscles hurt like hell the next morning (He was so far ahead of his time its crazy). In his sunset years he would sit on the patio watching the boats enter the harbor (Morro Bay, CA) and he would flirt with all the waitresses at the restaurant. A fun guy to hang out with, he was in great shape. Last saw him on Mother's day in 2008, cruising the tables at a restaurant brunch kissing all the moms. Dirty old man
    Last edited by Karma; 08-02-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    I had no reason to know who he was.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Ever hear of jumping jacks? Some folks claim it's an urban legend that they're named after him, but he's certainly the guy who popularized them; I think I did those before I crawled. My earliest childhood memories are waking up to the Jack LaLanne Show and exercising with my mom at the crack of dawn. (Back in the '50s. The 1950s. God, I'm old!)

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member

Me too

My mom and I would do exercises together (1960s) to his show. Like Jacques Cousteau and others, he is one of those icons that I have good thoughts about.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Ever hear of jumping jacks? Some folks claim it's an urban legend that they're named after him, but he's certainly the guy who popularized them; I think I did those before I crawled. My earliest childhood memories are waking up to the Jack LaLanne Show and exercising with my mom at the crack of dawn. (Back in the '50s. The 1950s. God, I'm old!)
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    An all time great!! He was preaching about exercise when it was considered dangerous and taboo. People thought he was nuts! He was a little guy but crazy strong and he had one hell of a physique back in the day. His feats of strength and endurance may never be topped.

If you check out Youtube there is a bunch of stuff on him. There is one where he is in his 80's and he sitting outside doing an interview and he pushes himself up on the arms of the chair and puts his legs straight out and holds it there as they are talking! This at like 82 or something. Back in the 50's he went on a tv show and did 1,000 pushups and 1,000 pullups in an hour and 20 minutes!! That is f'n amazing!!! We are mere mortals.
    Last edited by Forever Young; 08-03-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    What a legend. I like his views about only eating natural food, and that you don't necessarily have to like it.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    What a legend. I like his views about only eating natural food, and that you don't necessarily have to like it.
    Yes he was also preaching real food long before almost anyone. He lectured on the dangers of sugar back in the 30's!! He touted a diet of meat, eggs and veggies for many many years but sadly later in life went for the more conventional low fat, higher carb, no meat approach.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Two things he said:

If man made it, I don't eat it.

And when he got older he told people that he couldn't die because it would be bad for his image. Lol.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Dude is an icon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast