Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Lalanne page 2

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    What rock have you just crawled out from under (or are you 15 years old, the only other reason you wouldn't know who he is).
    +1
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    The man lived what he preached! If only more of us could be like him.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    i also have fond memories of watching my mom exercise with Jack LaLanne in front of the TV! I loved the white German Shepherd he sometimes brought on the show. I remember the cheesy organ music!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I remember my grandparents watching his show. Watching, mind you, not actually exercising along with him. I remember tham watching that and Bowling For Dollars. They didn't ever bowl either.

What I also remember about Jack LaLanne was that he didn't think women were exempt from all of this. He wanted them doing the tough stuff right along with the men.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I remember my mom watching Jack and, on occasion, doing exercises with him. Truly a legend and in his later years, had a body that surpassed many (most) 20 year old men in the USA.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdance62 View Post
    i also have fond memories of watching my mom exercise with Jack LaLanne in front of the TV! I loved the white German Shepherd he sometimes brought on the show. I remember the cheesy organ music!
    Yes! that just brought back memories!

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I remember my grandmother exercising along with him when I was around 7 years old or so, in the early 70s.
    She used to get out a rolling pin (remember those?) and roll it over her legs before the show came on, then she would lay on her stomach, and I had the job of rolling the pin over her back and the back of her legs.
    Gently!
    Of course, I thought it was a bit odd, but then, years and years later, I saw people starting to use foam rollers, and the memories of the rolling pin came back.

Cayenne is offline Junior Member
    Watch his "teaching" videos on YouTube. Probably ~50 years old, and still excellent information. Truth is timeless. RIP Jack.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Yep, RIP you legend. I was so excited when his vids were turning up on youtube, I had heard about him in gym circles for years, but to be able to watch it is fantastic. Anyone getting in to bodyweight should watch his fundamentals first.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was very sad when I heard he'd died. He's a fond memory going all the way back to childhood. Didn't he tow a boat across San Francisco bay with his teeth or something?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast