Thread: The need for fattier foods page

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member

The need for fattier foods

Primal Fuel
    So I am wondering if others can relate, I find that if I eat raw food I get constipated, along with sushi and other foods that are lean. The second I eat fattier meals and things with more oil on them, it helps move things along. Is this normal and can anyone else relate/explain why that is the case?

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    You do know that oil is a lubricant, right? Grease too?

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member
    Yes I DO. I am wondering why eating fattier foods also promotes weight loss for me? Whereas if I eat raw foods I gain weight and feel sluggish, seems like it would be healthier to eat RAW instead of fattier foods no?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    It's a good thing the Primal Blueprint suggests we eat raw vegetables AND fat, huh? Those Big Ass Salads are popular for a good reason.
    Last edited by dragonmamma; 08-03-2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: typo

patrickh is offline Member
    I would think raw foods would take longer to process and as a result, you'd end up with more food in your gut at any one time. Cooking also removes moisture, so there's some weight removal right there.

mystifiedu is offline Member
    I went totally raw once years ago, actually raw vegetables and fruit are good for you for their vitamin and mineral content also for the fibre they provide your body with so that you have extra fibre in your digestive tract acting like a little broom cleaning the walls of your digestive tract and also keeping you regular and no fruits and vegetables actually digest faster and move through the digestive tract faster than the proteins and fats in your diet

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mystifiedu View Post
    I went totally raw once years ago, actually raw vegetables and fruit are good for you for their vitamin and mineral content also for the fibre they provide your body

>>snip
    cooking doesn't remove fiber from food. it only reduces water content.

years of eating lots of grains makes for a lazy colon, so not everybody tolerates raw veggies all that well. if you're not digesting them quickly, they're just making a lot of bulk in your system. cook them with a little butter, ya know?

i prefer most veggies cooked.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway