Thread: Yeah, this is pretty good... page

ezeflier is offline Member

Yeah, this is pretty good...

Primal Fuel
    Two successes since going Primal/Paleo:

- I'm regrowing hair I had been losing. Over the last few years I noticed thinning at my hairline. (Somewhat oddly, it was almost exclusively on my left side). I went Primal in April (at least 80% - only transgressions have been a slice of gluten free pizza, and eating too much grain-fed meat/eggs). In June I whipped out my scissors and clippers and cut my hair (as I've done every month - six weeks for the last 20 years). Afterwards I was checking my work when I noticed all these short (maybe 1/4 - 3/8 in) blond hairs in the area that had been thinning.. I thought, "Did I miss with the clippers and buzz that area accidentally??" (It's on top where I only use scissors). Then it dawned on me that I might actually be regrowing hair... About a month later, and it's obvious my hair is getting thicker. My girlfriend doesn't seem to (want to) quite believe it - supporting this wacky way of eating - she's a grain addict..

- Better blood work (though my doc doesn't really like the numbers):

Total Cholesterol = 249 mg/dL
    HDL = 60 mg/dL
    LDL = 179 mg/dL
    Triglycerides = 50 mg/dL

Triglycerides down and HDL up... Excellent. Yeah, my LDL is a bit high, but as has been discussed elsewhere, without knowing the particle size you don't know much.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    I was beginning to think I was imagining it myself, but you know what, I do believe my hair is growing back as well. Been 90% Paleo since March, lost over 40 lbs and now more hair! Wow you got to like Paleo.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... maybe this will entice my DH to become Primal....