Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Every now and then I slip and eat cereal for breakfast page 4

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ToldUzo View Post
    If you must, maybe rice cakes with cheese? Fresh fruit.
    Rice cakes are one of the worst things you can eat. They are akin to table sugar on the glycemic scale.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Why do you need a rice cake to go with cheese? A few slices of cheese with coffee sounds plenty nice.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    Rice cakes are one of the worst things you can eat. They are akin to table sugar on the glycemic scale.
    Not if you eat them with cheese.

Not that I'm advocating them, but the glycemic index is very misleading, since food is not eaten in a bubble. It's eaten with other foods, and fat slows down absorption.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I keep burger sliders or chicken legs in the freezer. Nuke while the coffee is brewing. Presto chango breakfast. Boiled eggs, cheese and fruit, a handful of nuts, fresh veggies, all are grab and go options.

If you are really cut for time, keep bags of the Steve's Original jerky around. Ultimate grab and go paleo.

superseiyan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I strongly disagree with this. Finding the "least bad" awful thing is still an awful thing.

Stop buying the damn cereal. If you don't have it, you can't eat it. If you're doing Primal properly, you shouldn't even want cereal. If you put bread, pasta or cereal in front of me it just looks gross and tastes like cardboard - and as an Italian from South Jersey, I lived on this stuff every day of my life as staples.
    Mixed some broken down/shredded walnuts, pecans, or almonds in a bowl with some banana. Throw in some dark chocolate chips, and put in a bowl of milk. That has worked for me--is this more acceptable than cereal?

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
    Mixed some broken down/shredded walnuts, pecans, or almonds in a bowl with some banana. Throw in some dark chocolate chips, and put in a bowl of milk. That has worked for me--is this more acceptable than cereal?
    Yea if you don't mind a 700 calorie bowl of cereal. Why do you have to eat cereal? Why can't you eat a steak for breakfast? Or a salad? Or eggs? Or salmon? Or some fruit? Why do you even have to eat breakfast at all? I'm eating my first meal right now and it's 1pm. Black coffee with no sweetener or cream is a phenomenal appetite suppressant.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    and they taste like packing peanuts. actually, those may taste better.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

superseiyan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Yea if you don't mind a 700 calorie bowl of cereal. Why do you have to eat cereal? Why can't you eat a steak for breakfast? Or a salad? Or eggs? Or salmon? Or some fruit? Why do you even have to eat breakfast at all? I'm eating my first meal right now and it's 1pm. Black coffee with no sweetener or cream is a phenomenal appetite suppressant.
    Thought my alternative was cereal free? I get confused here....yousaying one shouldnt do nuts or fruit? I thoght the nuts, banana, would approximate the texture of cereal.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    How is it different than eating rice along a meal?
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    Not if you eat them with cheese.

Not that I'm advocating them, but the glycemic index is very misleading, since food is not eaten in a bubble. It's eaten with other foods, and fat slows down absorption.
    That's why I recommended eating them with something like cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    and they taste like packing peanuts. actually, those may taste better.
    Again, not plain rice cakes (they are tasteless almost) but if the OP really wants something easy, and is missing that crunchy feeling he used to get from regular cereals, he could once in a while use organic rice cakes with butter or cheese. It ain't ideal - i know that, but better than frosties!
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    No such thing as a primal cereal. I was really into the Olympics and as OH was away for eight days I grabbed some of his Sainsbury's organic cornflakes one morning as I had run out of eggs. Tasted OK but wow so bloated next morning. Made sure I bought eggs !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234