Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Every now and then I slip and eat cereal for breakfast page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ciavyn View Post
    :head, desk:
    Hey, I don't eat it, but if someone asks a direct question I try to answer it instead of telling them they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Have a bowl full of mixed nuts and berries, pour some kefir or coconut milk over it. booooom.
    +1. That's my morning.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    We keep gluten-free Rice Krispies in our house for my husband and I'll have a bowl about once a month. It's good every once in a while, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    How the heck do you "slip" and have cereal for breakfast? Does a strange man leave it on the porch next to a banana peel so that you flip with your mouth open as the cereal flies down your throat?
    I think not...you need to make a conscious decision not to buy it and not to eat it if someone else buys it. What a horrible way to start the day!
    Fry up some eggs and keep them in the fridge. Great cold, ready to grab and go.
    Hahahahahaha. Seriously almost spit my tea all over the keyboard.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Whisk 12 eggs with sliced green onions, crumbled bacon and sliced mushrooms or whatever you'd like mixed in with eggs (maybe just plain eggs).

Pour into 12 muffin tins.

Top with cheddar cheese.

Bake.

They will puff up into egg muffins. Grab and go on days you don't have time.

My favorite breakfast is black coffee with nothing, but I used to do this on days where I would wake up hungry. Eventually, you'll probably get to a point where you're just not hungry anymore upon waking. I don't see eating as soon as you wake up as natural. We never really had food storage, so by the time you went hunting or gathering it was probably late in the day. Don't be surprised if your AM hunger fades the longer you do this.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    We never really had food storage, so by the time you went hunting or gathering it was probably late in the day.
    Because you were so occupied with... what? Brushing your teeth and commuting to the place of hunting & gathering 10 miles off your sleeping cave in the Rock-City or watching the sun till it crested the mid-point in the sky to finish your fast?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers are awesome.

Leftover rice reheated with a butter, cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar (yes I said sugar, ) if you must eat grains for breakfast.

A banana and a handful of nuts.

Hard boiled eggs.

A can of tuna.

Salad.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I'm surprised you are still living. BFD. You ain't some cereal. "Plan better" ? Come on... life goes on. These forums are starting to get seriously annoying. If you want to eat some cereal everyone now and then, go for it.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andygt02 View Post
    Normally, I eat eggs for breakfast, but try as I might I always have days where I'm starving and I have to leave for work in 5 minutes. Sometimes I fast, and that doesn't always work out as it ends in me ordering a breakfast sandwich with my coffee. So what I do on days like this is grab a quick bowl of cereal. Sure, it's not primal, but it's a lot less harmful than a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant from Dunkin's. I count it as my 80%.

What do you suggest as the most primal-like as far as breakfast cereals go? I'm leaning towards Special K, but I'd like to hear some other suggestions.
    I'm pretty sure you should count it in your 20%.

Assuming that your whole thing is not having enough time to prepare something, here's some options:
    1. Ricies topped with fruit/cream/yoghurt/milk
    2. Fruit/nuts/cheese/jerky/pre-boiled eggs

I don't understand how you can have time to eat a whole bowl of cereal but don't have time to microwave an egg or two though. It seriously takes 2 minutes to scramble an egg.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I don't do breakfast anymore, but if I did, something like cereal would not satisfy me long at all. DH is only primal at suppertime, when I fix supper and if he eats breakfast, he likes Steel Cut Oats that were cooked up ahead of time.

The key with that and like others have mentioned with primal stuff, prep ahead of time. Gather & cook on Sunday evenings so you are ready to go come Monday morning.

If cereal is a weakness or easy way out, don't keep it in the house. jmo
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    We never really had food storage, so by the time you went hunting or gathering it was probably late in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Because you were so occupied with... what? Brushing your teeth and commuting to the place of hunting & gathering 10 miles off your sleeping cave in the Rock-City or watching the sun till it crested the mid-point in the sky to finish your fast?
    i'd think it would make a whole lot more sense to be up at 'em, depending on how far anybody had to go for food. you have to go, gather or kill, return and prepare. agreed they weren't having a grand-slam breakfast upon waking, but i doubt there was much dawdling beforehand. why would they want to be wandering around during the heat of day, working at all, if necessary?

i also think it's quite naive to think nobody had dried, stored foods. scientists have found stores of nuts, seeds and roots from 50,000+ years ago.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast