Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar addict annonymous! page

Pudpud is offline Member

Sugar addict annonymous!

Shop Now
    I always thought that i had the opposite of an addictive personality as I've never had many of the issues that many of my peers have had with smoking, drinking, recreational drugs etc. But since reading about the primal lifestyle i've come to the conclusion that i am more of an addict than i thought possible!! My sugar cravings are complete, all ecompassing and overwhelming. I've managed a few days eating primally, no sugar, no grains and it feels so right! But i relapsed and have been binging on bags of sweets, secretly, just like a true addict! I'm shocked and appalled by my behaviour now i see it for what it is.

So here i am. Sooooooooo determined to get through the first few weeks and start feeling normal. I've come here, to write this journal for my own beneifit, to track my progress and keep me focused. Motivation comes from inside me, to feel better, stronger, happier and to be a better role model for my little girl. I don't want her growing up seeing me eat the crap i've been eating!

I am female, 5' 6", weigh 168Ib, age 34

Breakfast: Avocado x2
    Lunch: tinned sardines and salad
    Dinner: slow cooked beef with veg x lots
    Snacks: Nuts mixed/fruit (in season)

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    You can do it! Once you get a few sugar free days under your belt the compulsion should ease up and you'll feel in control again promise yourself 30 days and you won't want to go back

Pudpud is offline Member
    Thanks Hulahoop!

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to the tribe and best wishes for primal living! One thing to do when you are making the conversion is to make sure you have loads of primal food around and eat freely of it. Fruit might help, and our old friend the sweet potato can go a long way to killing those sugar blues. I know, I was a complete sugar addict myself! I've been sugar and grain free for almost four months, I'm never going back. Keep up the good work!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Pudpud is offline Member
    Wow!!!! Siobhan!!!!! Your journal is inspirational! You're such a good writer. I also have much expereince of gruelling night shifts, working as a paediatric nurse, though am fortuante to not be doing nights at the moment. It's awesome that you're doing so well with this whilst doing nights. I've always found it really difficult to keep on track with things when my body clock is so out of whack.
    Thanks so much for the advice!

Pudpud is offline Member
    I'm doing it! Haven't lost much weight yet but am really happy to have CONSIDERABLY cut my sugar and carb intake. My skin is clearer and I no longer suffer from sugar/carb induced sleepiness. Happy me!! My mum has recently discovered she has type 2diabetes and in hindsight I think it's very likely that I had GD when pregnant a couple of years ago. It's spurring me on to ensure that the changes I'm making are for good!

Pudpud is offline Member
    Ok. So I relapsed. Badly. For some time. But I'm back again. I know that this is gonna be a life time thing for me and have decided to go much easier on myself for small cheats as l know from experience that If I feel I've 'failed' with a minor slip then I go into super binge mode! I'm also adjusting what is a cheat for me. I sometimes eat a lot of cashew nuts and raisins and also eat quite a bit of dairy. If I start to feel this is cheating too much then I give up and start to binge on actual rubbish. My body deals ok with these foods though so I don't think I need to feel as bad about it as i do! So long as I'm staying away from grains and actual sugarccrap then I think that's fine for now, for me! I'm also going to stop weighing as I don't think its helpful for me. I know if I'm doing well by what I've eaten and how I feel. My weight is no where near as relevant as my energy levels!

Pudpud is offline Member
    I'm doing well! Have not had any refined sugar in any way for 5 days now, nor any grain products! I'm feeling much more energetic and less sugar crash sleepy sleepy! Hunger is sometimes an issue and I know that if I don't have sensible things to hand to eat as soon as I'm hungry then I am VERY tempted to eat anything that's to hand! Even though I know that wheat foods make me have terrible stomach problems and immediately make me tired and even hungrier. But so long as have food around that I know is ok to eat then I'm not at all tempted by the c#*p!

Pudpud is offline Member
    B. Greek yoghurt with blue berries and a couple of dessert spoons of cream
    L. Broccoli and Stilton soup, from a carton, but only 10g carbs in the lot and low carb is my main focus a the mo.
    D. Lime nd coconut chicken with cauliflower?
    S's. Nuts, 4 squares of 85% choc

Pudpud is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The thing I'm loving most so far: feeling full after a meal but not stuffed and bloated and like I can do nothing but Mong on the sofa for hours! Esp. As I have a small child and CAN'T mong on the sofa even if I wanted to! feeling so stuffed and yet having to carry on as normal was exhausting! What on earth was I thinking of before!?!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast