Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sugar addict annonymous! page 3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    One thing I have found very helpful in squashing sugar cravings, is to have a day or two of very-high-fat, as in the Atkins Fat Fast (1,000 Kcalories, 90% fat, 10% protein), except that when I am doing it for getting rid of cravings (rather than breaking a plateau, which is what he recommends it for) I don't worry about the 1,000 Kcalorie limit. I rarely eat much more than that, though, because fat fills you up. And after a bit, all you want is some meat and veg- the desire for sweet is GONE. (At least for me. But it is easy enough to try.)

Glad to see you back at it, Pudpud. Good luck.

Pudpud is offline Member
    Thanks for the tip Sabine! Can I ask what sort of things you would eat on a very high fat day?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Egg salad with one white and three yolks, and mayo.
    Liverwurst or liver pate.
    Macadamia nuts.
    Whipped cream.
    Pork rinds with a sour cream or avocado dip.
    Tunafish- or salmon- salad with 1/2 meat and double mayo.
    Actual grilled fat from a steak and give the steak to my husband.
    Liquid Fat Bomb (recipe on the recipe thread).
    Celery sticks filled with cream cheese or almond butter(a little carby, but so good).

There are a recipe group and support thread for LCHF being started if you want to check them out for ideas. These are folk who are doing it as a regular plan, but they will have lots of good ideas.

Pudpud is offline Member
    Wow thanks so much! Will definitely give that a go and let you know how it goes... And thanks for the pointer to the LCHF thread will check it out. Need all the help I can get right now!

Pudpud is offline Member
    I'm on it today! Feeling slightly more like the ridiculous cravings and hunger are under a tenuous amount of control. I'm sure I have a long way to go but feel like I'm making some progress. And I have my primal/low carb crimbo all planned out... Lots of bacon and ham, roast leg of lamb, celeriac and swede mash, the good ole brussels, even got some primal desserts planned which include ice cream and a yummy looking cashew nut cheese cake! Nom mom nom!!!!

Pudpud is offline Member
    Funny that I so associate feeling less bloated/slimmer with being hungry. I'm feeling less bulky today and I keep thinking that I should eat something, but actually this is the first day in a looooooong time that I could have easily skipped a meal or two. If it hadn't been for the fact that I have to feed my 19 month old I would have forgotten to eat at all today I think. I'm not quite ready to force IF on her just yet! Nice to finally feel that way after the last few days of knawing hunger and cravings! Credit to Sabine for the upping the fat thing!!! I haven't gone as hard core as you suggested but have increased the fat somewhat and I definitely feel fuller and more satisfied!

Pudpud is offline Member
    Woo hoo! I totally nailed a social family gathering! Admittedly a lot of the catering was done by my primal mum, but there were lots of tasty things that I could have partatken of which would have done me no good at all, and I DIDN'T!!!! And I feel AWAKE!!! Now about to start prep for my Christmas primal pavlova! Nom nom!!!

Pudpud is offline Member
    Have been practicing squatting. Not squats, actual squatting with feet flat on the floor. For some reason I've got it my head that I want to able to do this. If my feet are flat on the floor my body wants to make me fall backwards. So far I can manage about 30 seconds. I know this doesn't really class as exercise but its something that I can do to start with and take it from there. I like that this way of eating isn't like dieting and I also like the idea that exercise deosn't have to feel like working out!

Pudpud is offline Member
    Well..... Looks like my addiction is still very much in control and getting the better of me....

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's been a long time, what's been happening? Has your n=1 showed you anything useful?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast