View Poll Results: What's your 20?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I eat 80/20, so one meal out of 5 is non-primal.

4 9.52%
  • I eat 80/20, so a fifth of my calories are non-primal.

5 11.90%
  • I eat mostly popcorn and fudgie cakes, so my 80/20 is actually 20/80

2 4.76%
  • My life is 80/20; I've got about 8 out of the 10 rules down but struggle with a couple.

9 21.43%
  • I'm a fanatic, baby!

9 21.43%
  • Other. I'd like to hear. Thanx!

13 30.95%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your 20? page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

What's your 20?

Shop Now
    Just trying to get an overview of what folks consider 80/20.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I mostly reject 80/20. I eat potatoes, corn, peanut butter, and other marginal stuff whenever I feel like it, and I refuse to call it 20. But I'm probably about 90%.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Paleobird Guest
    I'm about 98/2. The 2 is for stuff out of my control that is not worth stressing about like the canola oil in the salad dressing at a friend's dinner party, never for deliberate "cheats".

Does that make me a fanatic? I don't think so because I enjoy this way of eating and don't feel deprived one bit.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I usually try to eat 100% but in certain occasions when I'm offered food that has grains then I take it. I have no sensitivity to it per se but I draw the line with dairy or anything really rich. Actually I drink coffee but i put lactose free milk and sugar. No way I would ever try drinking my starbucks coffee black.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    I mostly reject 80/20. I eat potatoes, corn, peanut butter, and other marginal stuff whenever I feel like it, and I refuse to call it 20. But I'm probably about 90%.
    Hey thats me!

If I had to conform to such a stupid rule, I'd say eating any food I don't make myself would make up the 20%, regardless of how close to primal or utterly non-primal it is.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Dark chocolate, nuts, cream and butter are my 20%. I'm not sure where that places me so I picked the 'fanatic' option
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    If you consider dairy and nuts 100%, then my 20 percent is pizza once a month and the sugar in dark chocolate and homemade ice cream. If you take the percentages literally (so many percent of my calories is non primal) then I'd be 98/2
    Last edited by Gadsie; 08-02-2012 at 03:16 AM.
    Billie trips balls

peril is offline Senior Member
    The question betrays a profound misunderstanding of Mark's 80/20 principle. Reread the book
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, what peril said. I have no 20. I'm not a fanatic. Eat what you want, just don't bitch about not making progress or feeling shitty. You brought it on yourself.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    I voted other, mostly because I haven't really kept track in terms of a percentage. I eat what I want, which fortunately, since I've started has been meat, veggies, and fruit. Sometimes, if I find myself in a place where options are limited, I'll do the best I can with what is offered. But honestly, I'm finding most of the stuff I used to eat is just gross now. For instance, my husband still occasionally gets a pizza for our kids. I had some one night because I was exhausted from a long day. I felt sick afterwards, and will likely not do that again!

If there's anything that I consider a treat for me and not part of my regular daily menu, it'd be whole milk cappuccinos. They are my weakness...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast