Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend is Ruining my Primal page 7

abstract is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try getting some paleo cookbooks and asking her to try some of the recipes. Maybe she'll find some she likes cooking.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    And it's not white rice and a dash of Mirin (! Seriously!) that made you puffy, it's probably MaKuDoNaaRuDo.
    Love those creepy-ass commercials.

Also, he didn't say if he was overweight to begin with and is just trying to lose it now. It can be very difficult for some people (myself included) to lose weight while eating even small amounts of primal-approved carbs. People keep saying "Just eat the rice! It's fine! You must be cheating if you're not losing weight!" but that is a bunch of bullshit. You can absolutely stall just from eating rice or fruit. I did.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

randomcow is offline Junior Member
    After reading a bit more on this site it looks like diet may not be the issue after all. I'm well within 80%. I might have to have a look at stress and sleep a little closer.

RC

Chelw is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Cori. Also, we just saw a list of how to "keep a man". I'd love to see a list of how to "keep a woman". Just for fun, just for giggles.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Asians have much larger pancreas than any other race. Fact.

MidwestPaleo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    Asians have much larger pancreas than any other race. Fact.
    +1 to Issabeau, ie Dwight.

OP, you are both right, but you're agruing fact againts feelings. Her self-worth is tied up in pleasing you. Wanting to care for you is healthy, but that caring for you being attached to her value as a woman is unhealthy. What you're speaking to her is, "Babe, you're cooking is making me fat. Do it my way. Awwww....don't worry we'll find another way to make you useful to me."(dramatic paraphrase). Do you love her? If the answer is yes, why didn't you reassure her that you love her for who she is and not what she does and how well she does it? Seems kinda manipulative to not reassure her, unless it is about what she brings to the table, literally and figuratively. Her feelings are what will ultimately decide the outcome, regardless of whether or not you get your primal way (your feelings too). So try this, or don't.

"GF, I've been thinking about what you said. I don't love you because of what you do for me. I love you because you're you. What you mean to me isn't wrapped up in how well you serve me (because if it did I would be a douche). I totally understand this might seem daunting, so where can we both compromise a bit? Could I cook up a big batch of (hamburgers, steaks, roast,etc) and warm up some to eat along side of what you make that night? Could we learn together with new recipes? I'm not trying to step on your toes or make you feel like you're not doing a good enough job. I just really feel strongly about seeing if this dietary element will help me with the fact that I'm uncomfortable with how I look. My appearance has nothing to do with what you've made (because if I am making my the majority of my meals, one less primal meal that you make isn't the real issue). I want to be more comitted to trying this out to see if it helps me. Can you help me?"

Make sure it's a dialogue, not a monologue. Ask questions and own your shit but don't own her shit, like finding her value in serving you.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    How to keep yer woman Happy? hmmmm
    1. Yes dear.
    2. Here let me do that.
    3. Yes dear.
    4. Yes dear.
    5. Yes dear.

Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    1. Yes dear.
    2. Here let me do that.
    3. Yes dear.
    4. Yes dear.
    5. Yes dear.

Not in my experience.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Not in my experience.
    Agreed...

Replace 5 yes dears with one good dicking.....

Happy wife happy life.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelw View Post
    I agree with Cori. Also, we just saw a list of how to "keep a man". I'd love to see a list of how to "keep a woman". Just for fun, just for giggles.
    How 'bout this...

For me personally... Skip straight to #3, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    1. Yes dear.
    2. Here let me do that.
    3. Yes dear.
    4. Yes dear.
    5. Yes dear.

Bleh... no. Not even.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast