- yes, you are correct that the Japanese diet is not what it used to be, and there is a "fat wave" sweeping the nation. Having said that, my girlfriend's cooking is healthy, albeit it contains salad oil, rice/noodles and sugar/mirin.
- I may have used poetic license on the translation a little. But the fact that she feels pressure from not contributing to the household is true. I am demanding in response to the way she is wired. It might seem a little strange to the feminist crowd but all signs point to her being satisfied with the situation.
- English is my native language. However seven years in Japan will change anyone.
- Lots of different personalities on this site, and I honestly appreciate all the replies.
- Sorry for the cross posts. At work, trying to type this up, and it took a little longer than I thought it would.
I've been with my husband 15 years... he prefers me VERY independent.
As I prefer him.
I don't do things to KEEP him.
We are friends and lovers and do things for each other because they make both of us happy... not as a form or trade.
OTOH, if the OP's gf does that stuff because it makes her happy, great... but it's not necessary in order to have a healthy relationship.
Different strokes for different folks.
But WISHing for absolute subservience from a person is weird.
And I also equate the WISH for a completely subservient partner with some seriously messed up issues.
To top it off... Personal jabs about weight... in a health and weight loss forum?1
Shows a rather 'fucked up' picture of your personality.
A very, very, ugly picture.
“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.
Yes, but she is not trying to serve her man. Serving her man, nets the response in the vein of: "I admire your idea, my love. I shall start cooking what you asked for starting next minute."Originally Posted by Warmbear
I know, the idea of a woman wishing to serve her man is repugnant to western attitudes but I would kill for a wife that felt that way.
The typical response of an equal partner would be: "Hmm, interesting. Let us try it, and see how it goes. It's kindda hard for me to adapt, so maybe you should do some of the cooking, like chopping the enormous quantities of vegetables that life-style would require. Are you also willing to increase in our food bills, since meat is >> than rice? Oh, and I will also keep eating what I feel like eating, since it works for me."
The lady's response was: "You are an idiot. Your ideas are stupid. I know better. I am going to mock you until you give up. And if mocking doesn't work I will play the 'poor little abused me' routine. Boy, men are stupid...." That's not submissive, that's passive-aggressive, and, imo, just plain wrong. Well, unless the OP is the type who brings in a new diet home every week and requires dramatic changes....
Last edited by Leida; 08-03-2012 at 06:03 AM.
My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.
_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -
Nom Nom Paleo
This might help? Good Luck.
I try to leave judgements out of my dealings with others, especially when basically they are asking for help.
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html
My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.