Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend is Ruining my Primal page 4

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I admit I only skimmed the replies but why can't he just cook his own dang meals?

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    oh god
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Cry me a river. You don't like what is cooked, make it yourself. If you aren't where you want to be with your body, straighten up and fly right.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

randomcow is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the responses ("don't breed" - dad/mum is that you?? ). It seems the consensus is to take responsibility for my own meals, my girlfriend's feelings be damned.

FWIW I had success on the 4 hour body diet, going from 165 to 154 (9% body fat), with 150 the goal I never quite reached. I started working my current job and moved in with my girlfriend about 12 months ago and slowly expanded to 169 (17% body fat). I'm still getting the same amount of exercise but sitting on my ass 10-14 hours a day probably isn't helping. It's very possibly not the dinners my gf is cooking but I wanted to rule this out completely before I look at the other factors.

I'll break the news to her tonight. Thanks everyone who commented.

RC

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randomcow View Post
    Thanks for the responses ("don't breed" - dad/mum is that you?? ). It seems the consensus is to take responsibility for my own meals, my girlfriend's feelings be damned.

FWIW I had success on the 4 hour body diet, going from 165 to 154 (9% body fat), with 150 the goal I never quite reached. I started working my current job and moved in with my girlfriend about 12 months ago and slowly expanded to 169 (17% body fat). I'm still getting the same amount of exercise but sitting on my ass 10-14 hours a day probably isn't helping. It's very possibly not the dinners my gf is cooking but I wanted to rule this out completely before I look at the other factors.

I'll break the news to her tonight. Thanks everyone who commented.

RC
    My wife is Norwegian. I simply told her jokes for 10 minutes, then I explained to her the thrust of what I would be trying to accomplish, gave her Mark's cookbooks, whispered a filthy thing or 2 in her ear and let her natural love of cooking take it's course.

Don't try to argue with logic. Change her mood, change her opinion.

See if there's not that particular softspot you can use to change her mood.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I know, the idea of a woman wishing to serve her man is repugnant to western attitudes but I would kill for a wife that felt that way.
    Clearly it's not repugnant enough.

Do you not understand how offensive and fucked up that is? What if I rephrase it? "I know, the idea of owning black slaves is repugnant to western attitudes but I would kill to have a willing black slave." Do you see it now?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Clearly it's not repugnant enough.

Do you not understand how offensive and fucked up that is? What if I rephrase it? "I know, the idea of owning black slaves is repugnant to western attitudes but I would kill to have a willing black slave." Do you see it now?
    The secret to keeping a man is very, very simple.

A) Make a good home for him.

B) Cook nice things.

C) Keep him laid like a tile.

There, I just saved you a decade of confusion.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Legbiter, you're a genius. Start a blog, give lessons!

This is clearly a hot topic. I've been having some marital stress due to the fact that my wife sees me as some kind of "born again Primal" nut who won't have it any other way. I do most the cooking, and while the grains and sweets consumption has gone down for her and the kids, they haven't disappeared. I don't know how we're going to get to the next level. They can all see how much fitter and happier I am, but I'm not going to be some kind of dictator and demand they throw away the croissants...so there's this background tension, and if they go to the ice cream place they come back kinda looking guilty.

I think I'd tell Randomcow what I think I need to do: just level with her, say look, this is important to me, and I want to be healthy and live in a way I believe I'm meant to live. I can love you and not eat the grains and sugar, OK? Please don't take it as a judgement on you, your culture, or your worth to me. And yes, Randoncow, get in the kitchen and get some skillz.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    The secret to keeping a man is very, very simple.

A) Make a good home for him.

B) Cook nice things.

C) Keep him laid like a tile.

There, I just saved you a decade of confusion.
    I have absolutely no desire to "keep a man". Enjoy your indentured servitude, though.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I have absolutely no desire to "keep a man". Enjoy your indentured servitude, though.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast