Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend is Ruining my Primal page 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockin Grok View Post
    Does threatening to take away sex work in the other direction? ? Lol
    Yes... yes it does.
    But it depends on if your wife/gf's libido is higher then yours or not.
    Plus... WTF to withholding sex!
    It's not cool when women do it, guys either.
    Everybody loses in that game.

Also, OP... chill.
    Like has been said before, as long as you are eating meat, seafood, veg, some rice... that small amount of sugar or mirin in the sauce isn't going to hurt you really.
    Especially since you have little fat to lose.
    Cut back on the rice/total calories, increase exercise if you are currently not implementing those objectives, and enjoy.

As to the guys 'wishing' for subservient wives. That road goes both ways dudes.
    There are likely many women out there that wish that their men would act very differently than they do...

I like cooking for my husband and participating in our relationship, but it's not something I'll do just because it's expected.
    And if I want/need a day off, I take it... without guilt.
    Honestly, if all I did was fawn over him and cater to his whims, and never assert my own personality, he wouldn't be with me.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-02-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Theresa92 is offline Senior Member
    So what other crap are you snacking on that's preventing you from losing bodyfat?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

As to the guys 'wishing' for subservient wives. That road goes both ways dudes.
    There are likely many women out there that wish that their men would act very differently than they do...

I like cooking for my husband and participating in our relationship, but it's not something I'll do just because it's expected.
    And if I want/need a day off, I take it... without guilt.
    Honestly, if all I did was fawn over him and cater to his whims, and never assert my own personality, he wouldn't be with me.
    sorry if i came of the wrong way, i was basically being a wiseass. i don't wish for a subservient wife at all. in fact i married a beautiful, fiery italian woman and i love it that way. but she loves to take care of me just as much as i love to take care of her. we each do work around the house and the yard, and split chores up accordingly. that's the way it should be. and i'm in agreement with you. if all she did was fawn over me, i'd be bored, and probably not be with her

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I would get out of the relationship, because if your so can't do a tiny little thing you want for yourself and argues all the way and not even willing to give it a try, what is it going be like when big issue comes up? Her way or highway?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    I will say that a petite Japanese woman without fattitude and a tolerable personality as well loving to cook is practically a unicorn compared to most women so I'd try to work something out.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    My purpose is to care for you therefore you must do what I expect of you? I made this for you so you must eat even if I know you don't like or want to eat it?

Am I reading that right?
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockin Grok View Post
    Does threatening to take away sex work in the other direction? ? Lol
    Only if you're any good at it. heh.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I had a Japanese friend who was living here in the US and the type of foods she made were: sushi rolls with canned tuna and mayonnaise, fritters made with white flour, eggs and cabbage with mayo and ponzu sauce (purchased at the store so containing god knows what) and breaded, fried pork chops with noodle soup, noodles made of white flour. So don't expect that all traditional Japanese food is all that terribly excellent.

I would try to negotiate this with her a little more and tell her that you just want to try this temporarily. That for a little while you would like more fish and seaweed and less rice and noodles. Maybe if it's temporary she'll be more receptive. And then if it works for you and you get a tight bod like hers, you can renegotiate making it a permanent change for you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    ...and childhood obesity is on the rise in Japan.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    You're both idiots. Don't breed.
    Harsh bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    My purpose is to care for you therefore you must do what I expect of you? I made this for you so you must eat even if I know you don't like or want to eat it?

Am I reading that right?
    lol yup

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Only if you're any good at it. heh.
    lol

This post might have actually made my day, but I will concede to the point a few people have made about cultural sensitivities and not say anything at all

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast